Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my V- Rod on 12-13-2003 and just found this forum. I rode 10 miles in 30 degree temps this afternoon to get it home. I love the bike. I want to get rid of the plastic back end. I need suggestions and ideas about the license plate and turn signal relocation.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
welcome wfbont007, for tail lights and license plate frame needs you have got to see what DrHeathenScum has to offer at http://www.heavycycles.com

You will find numerous post by Joe (DrHeathenScum) and a lot of information about his lights and modifictations that can be made to the rear end plastic all over the forum.

Max

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
wfbont, HeavyCycles has the best LED Retrofits. Plug-and-play install. Joe is available here if you have any questions.

There are various things you can do to remove the plastic dog's ass. Search the forums and you will find the discussion here has revealed several approaches. First, what look are you going for with the license plate?

• RMD Billet has some nice side mounts.
  • Eurocomponents has a small footprint rear mount.
  • Rizoma makes a unique stretch mount that you can buy at V-Mod.com.
You can also cut the dog's ass into strictly a low profile license plate bracket, if desired. This has been discussed as well and looks pretty good IMO.

Enjoy your V-Rod!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome,Sooo much to learn, lots of money saving thoughts and suggestions. You will enjoy it here .
BobT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts