Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
cigar guy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just recently bought a 2003 vrod with 10k mile on it. It is my first bike since I was kid. I've been in the military for the last 12 years and am currently stationed at NAS Lemoore, CA. I want to learn everything I can about this wonderful machine. There are only 2 vrods on this base that I know of and the other guy doesn't know much about them either. He just bought an 05 last month. I've been reading some of the threads and there is a lot of info here. I'm hoping to take 2 weekends out of the month and go for a ride through wine country and the coast. You guys will be seeing lot more of me on this site. Thanks for the great info!:notworth:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome, blkbx01! Awesome bike... This website is the best resource for VRod info outside of your service manual. Just go ahead and bookmark this site now, it will soon become your best friend.
And you sure live in a great area for riding. Many happy safe miles:
:vrodforu:

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
:vrodforu: You came to the right place if you're looking for information on the Vrod. There's more info here then anyplace else. Enjoy the bike.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
welcome to the forum! this forum and the service manual should be all you need for anything you want to know about your new ride :thumb: and thanks for your service!!!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you for your service :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

If you have not rode for a long time, ha, even if you have, you should take an MSF course. A great way to learn and practice skills. They have these across California, just do a search to find one close to you.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Welcome to the site. The NAS safety guys from Lemoore came down to Monterey to teach the MSF course here - great instructors, you'll learn a lot from them.

If you're ever in the Monterey area and want to ride just let me know - Carmel Valley and Big Sur are both great rides.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
wlecome.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

1 - 20 of 34 Posts