Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, New to ANY kind of EFI bike,s...a bit old school...once I get past installing dynojet kits on carbs it's all russian to me..LOL. Anyhow, picked up a 06 VROD with airbox removed and K/N stakcs..Weco sensor..bike runs good, a bit rich, but I'm ok wiht that at full throttle. What I am noticing is that once the bike gets hot it stalls at idle. I read in the forums about the idle air control module ..not a clue where that is located or how to get to it. Easy to pull the stacks and check that the butterflys are closing fully but I keep reading that a dirty IAC can be a pain and if this is something that needs to be cleaned or replaced once in a while, any help locating and replacing/cleaning would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
What is a "Weco Sensor?"

Remove the airbox and filter and you'll see the stacks. Between the stacks, you'll see a rectangle cut out of the bottom of the air box. That is where the air enters the engine for the idle. The Idle air controller, or IAC, controls the airflow through that cut out and into the engine. The IAC is mounted to the left (horn side) of that rectangular cut out directly to the throttle body. (If your V-Rod is using individual K/N Stack filters instead of the standard filter, there should be some kind of filter over this rectangle, or you're pulling dirt into the motor.)

The two screws holding the IAC in place are held in with locktite, so you may want to add some heat to the screws with a soldering iron to break that locktite first. Don't hold too long, because the IAC is housed in plastic and you don't want to melt it. You might get away with a really good cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thanks....I will dig into that this weekend. Sounds easy....Unlike what I am seeing about how to change the spark plugs...really..really...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts