Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys - very newbie here - first Harley, mostly Ducati and BMW before.

Ordered the following spec

2011 VROD Muscle in Shiny Black

Black V&H Pro Exhaust
HD tuner and map to suit exhaust
K&N High flow air filter
440 progressive 13"
Progressive front springs
Diamond black pegs and pillion pegs
Diamond black grips
Black rear brake
Black gear lever
Black brake and clutch lever
Side mounted number plate in black
HID headlights
Pillion seat back rest

Simple questions
- is it worth getting the stage 2 cams done at this stage or should I run the bike in with the standard cams and get them changed at the first service?
- Do you need the 58TB's to make torque or do you just gain power and lose torque lower in the rev range? I have a BMW k1300R which makes 100lb/ft and 174bhp (flywheel) - not hung up on the power but would be happy closer to the same torque figures.

Dumb question - am I missing anything spec wise that is a no brainer.

thnx

Mike

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
greetings from the isle of wight. cant help with the tech question but wondered who was supplying your new bike and how much they were charging for the rear shocks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thames Valley Harley

Shox were about £438 of the web - ordering them on monday.

You got mid mount pegs on yours or was that standard?

Mike

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i had mid mounts made for the DX that i had but my muscle has the stock footpegs. just done 950miles over 5 days and they were fine. just need to raise the bars a little before the next trip away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic luggage array there!!!

The rack looks OK powder coated - I'd deleted mine as it looked a bit much in silver.

What is the tailpack and the tank bag - tailpack stay in place ok?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
the rear bag is a T bag. it slides over the backrest and secures around the carrier and under the mudguard/fender. the tank bag was a bit more difficult as i could'nt use the magnetic base. i tried metal strips under the airbox cover but it would'nt hold. enter the tailpack base option for the same bag. duct tape on frame, cable tie loops around frame, tailpack base on airbox cover, cable ties between d rings on bag and loops formed around frame, job done. with the non slip webbing and 4 cable ties it never moved, just took a pack of ties and cut them off when we unpacked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have the patience of a saint!!!

The T bag looks huge on that tiny backrest! - no issues?

I need a roll for daily stuff really, do they do a smaller version?

Mike

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
have a look on their website, all the bags in all the sizes. mine also has a roll bag which straps to the top, bought it in vegas hd during their summer in a sale. about $60 if i remember right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts