Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my V- Rod on 12-12-2003 had it for two days now. Posted last evening about relocating rear turn signals and license plate. I need help. I checked out Heavy Cycles and all the suggestion from those of you who replied. I thought about moving the turn signals to the shock mounts. Will they be in the way with a passenger? I see that some guys have put Deuce turn signals at the shock mounts. How are these? I looked at moving my license plate to the left side. Will this be in the way of my passenger? Suggestions and pics will help. Thank you.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Hey newbie,
I know that Ketsugo has put the deuce lights on.I have thought about it.I really don't think that they would be in the way.Just make sure that the pass.knows they are there.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
another look that I have done and IMHO Looks the best it to remove rear turn signals and go with bar ends!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also should ask. After removing the plastic, turn signals and license plate, should I lower with new shocks or a lowering kit from Arlen Ness? Pros and cons?? You guys are great!! The best forum that I subscribe to!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
No just get shorter rear shocks!"12's":cool:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I wouldn't suggest lowering it,unless you plan on going in a straight line.If you like to corner I wouldn't do it.I scraped my peg at 35mph doing a 90' turn.Right then I knew, I wasn't gonna lower it.But the v-rod looks even more awesome lowered.Not for me tho.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thats what steering with the rear tire is for!:rolleyes: Gas it and let the rear tire do the turn for ya!:slap2:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I'm with Vinny and John on this. Don't unless slowpoke granny watching around to see if "they" are looking at you. (Kidding, kidding, just that, no sweat! Wax on, wax off! Paint the fence! Do the skinny girl.)

Looks good to most when lowered, that is fine, kind of cute actually. If your are going to be agressive in riding it. Please don't die! As it is I may need a little more preload out back. Grinding a hole on the slipons. Looks cool with sparks under it on heavy right side corners at night. That's stock height. Be careful.

Oh yeah, THE KAZ! You are gonna hurt someone with those reccomendations dude. You gonna powerslide a V-Rod out of a corner? Some cannot and some will not because of their own safety AND expense if crashed. Think I know what you are talking about and it is not even for people in the intermediate superhero category. This is not a short sportbike with lots of power to weight ratios and light easy to toss and turn around weight with a skinny low mount 90degree V-Twin engine. You drinking? Saki-to-me client or something? No. Really! You a racer dude my friend. Perceptions are very different than to most bikers, fine tuned for years for something besides just "enjoying" the thing. I'm same I believe. But really 8th was one too many bones for me. (I'm not that good I guess, or too stupid not to realize it in time!)

Would like to see that with a good for looks 240 out back. Highside, anyone?

John, you growing a beard now? Looked better with pointy teeth and Gene Simmons tongue!:rofl3:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Give it to me I'll slide that big bitch into any corner you want

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
With my chain Drive setup"Crazy Gearing" I just Blip the throttle going into any corner and it Flat tracks sideways with ease,but you are correct."Don't try this at Home"performed by Highly Skilled Nut Case with No kids and no Common Sense!:icon_twis Just trying to help.:helpme:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Sliding a bitch? MMM fun! The one in the avatar looks tasty.
Just that it says up there NEWBIE and to top it all off he needs MORE help.
Which reminds me I need to go back to the wheelie thread.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Kim,
My good racing buddy Adam Scott went there and Loved it!We race Super Moto XR-100's!What a Blast. :cool:

·
Fries with that?
1,541 Posts
I've heard nothing but great things from everyone who's been there - I just hope I wont get run over! :jeannie:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's only a Little XR-100 in the Dirt!;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts