Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while and wanting to thank everyone for the great info on the R. Brought home my new used 2006 couple of weeks ago with 5000 miles and put 500 miles on so far. The first 250 mile day was painfull, but sure was fun doing it. Going to go with the Sportster handlebar. Has anyone tried lowering the footpegs? Thanks again for all the great info.:moped:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
stretch before you get on and enjoy.... :moped:

:vrodforu:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks Jethrow, that is exactly what I did the second time riding the bike plus I installed highway pegs on the engine guards, what a difference.
Your next big purchase should be a Corbin seat. I went with the regular Hollywood (I'm 6' w/ 33" inseam). Some of the shorter riders go for the Hollywood Close. It's expensive but well worth the cost. I road my R for 6 months with the stock seat and believe me, you do not get used to it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your next big purchase should be a Corbin seat. I went with the regular Hollywood (I'm 6' w/ 33" inseam). Some of the shorter riders go for the Hollywood Close. It's expensive but well worth the cost. I road my R for 6 months with the stock seat and believe me, you do not get used to it![/

Saving up for the corbin. Running the sundowner , I am sure it is better than stock.

·
NSFW
1,985 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Hale=Yes
343 Posts
Welcome ! I think that you'll find that when you have changed out your bars and replaced the seat, the "R' becomes an all day fun ride. Ed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts