Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 HD V-Rod
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie from Minnesota glad to be here with you! Just purchased a 2009 with 9000 miles, completely stock down to the grips and pegs! Came from sport bike world, but got the HD itch last year and bought a 2012 Fatboy. Fun but no where near exciting! Looking forward to adding mods to my 09 V-Rod with this sites help.
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
2009 HD V-Rod
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any bets on how much longer it remains stock ........... we have support groups for the addiction ......... I refuse to go, because I'm not a quitter .......... Oh, welcome (I'm not from NY)
Thanks!! Yep, couldn’t take the sewing machine sound, Tab slip ons ordered; and it begins! 🤣

·
Premium Member
2004 vrsca
74 Posts
Hi all, newbie from Minnesota glad to be here with you! Just purchased a 2009 with 9000 miles, completely stock down to the grips and pegs! Came from sport bike world, but got the HD itch last year and bought a 2012 Fatboy. Fun but no where near exciting! Looking forward to adding mods to my 09 V-Rod with this sites help. View attachment 612163
Welcome!! 😎🤘 love that model year

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Any bets on how much longer it remains stock ........... we have support groups for the addiction ......... I refuse to go, because I'm not a quitter .......... Oh, welcome (I'm not from NY)
I have the TAB slip on"s with baffles on my 2005 CVO Vrod. Love the sound. I added the K&N filter and a PV tuner and downloaded a new MAP which really improved how my bike ran. It really needed a richer mixture and it has it now. It runs so much smoother and really improves cold start performance. Add an LED headlight. You'll it.

·
Registered
2009 HD V-Rod
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the TAB slip on"s with baffles on my 2005 CVO Vrod. Love the sound. I added the K&N filter and a PV tuner and downloaded a new MAP which really improved how my bike ran. It really needed a richer mixture and it has it now. It runs so much smoother and really improves cold start performance. Add an LED headlight. You'll it.
Hi, thanks for the Modification advice!! Did you lose any low-end torque going with the Tab slip ons? Also, where is good place to get V-Rod PV maps? I have a PV already for another Harley motorcycle. Looks like I can buy a Tune license from Dyno jet and use it on my V-Rod also.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hi, thanks for the Modification advice!! Did you lose any low-end torque going with the Tab slip ons? Also, where is good place to get V-Rod PV maps? I have a PV already for another Harley motorcycle. Looks like I can buy a Tune license from Dyno jet and use it on my V-Rod also.
It's hard to tell of the torque was impacted. I didn't care, the stock pipes were ridiculous. You will get you maps from Dyno jet as well. You will simply download them from their site and figure out which one works best for you and your ride. They only had 2 or 3 for Vrods. Not much choice. I don't know of any other source of maps for a PV tuner.

Mike.

·
Registered
921 Posts

These guys carry DJ and are a great source

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Torque will be better with the proper fueling but bear in mind you'll never get air head torque out of a short stroke high Rpm racing engine. Just twist the go fast grip leave it in a lower gear to 8999 Rpm and enjoy the ride ! Just make sure you've got it pointed in the right direction on a straight road until you get used to it and not leaned over as it will break loose under certain conditions and low then high side you if you're not careful. Ask me how I know - :oops: :rolleyes::cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts