Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New guy here, just wanted to introduce myself here. I just bought an 03 Anniversary in silver, no mods other than Screaming Eagles, HD battery tender and K&N filter. Bought it from an older retired gentleman and it on had 5700 miles on the clock. This is the thord Harley that I have owned and I want to learn more about my ride. First off my fuel gauge has lost its mind, like others on here from what I have read so far, and I need to do the 5K service. I like to do things myself so any help would be great. I do not plan on doing any mods, I like the way the bikes looks, just want it to run good. With that said are there any problems that I need to be aware of?

I look forward to learning from you guys and thanks in advance for any help along the way.

Attachments

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
welcome

check out the video link in my Sig 46 how to's

·
Noel
4,613 Posts
Welcome, get the manual, change the oil, flush the Brake, clutch, cooling systems fluids.
Search function is your best friend.

Thanks for your service & Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, get the manual, change the oil, flush the Brake, clutch, cooling systems fluids.
Search function is your best friend.

Thanks for your service & Enjoy the bike!
Thanks for the welcome, I do plan on getting the manual. What oils are you guys running and what intervals are you changing them at?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Welcome I use Amsoil in my 03 started using it at about 5000 mile,s made a world of diffrence in shifting if you have regular oil in it now what you should try is go and get you a new dip stick that show's the oil temp check it with another theromonter to make sure it work's right then run your bike with the old oil see how hot it get's then change to amsoil you will see a lot cooler oil temp i would not have thought there would have been that much diffrence. Be sure and keep a good battery in your key fob. Semper Fi

·
'06 VRSCA
65 Posts
Thanks for your service! Welcome. Still a newbie here myself, but have found this to be an awesome site for information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try a power commander......its worth the money
A power commander is on my list. I have HD Screaming Eagles on there now, but I want something more aggressive. I am a firm believer that "Loud Pipes Saves Lives". I dont not want something that is raw and nasty though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome aboard sir! Thanks very much for your service and dedication, as they say freedom is not free!

Bike looks great, I do not see it here too often but I went with CFR 2 into 1 pipe and man, what a difference it made. Fast and furious and lots of good observations.

Enjoy the ride.

German

1 - 11 of 11 Posts