V/r
WindTemplar2003

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First post!!

Hallo from Germany

I'm stationed in Germany before I deployed for the war I told my self my gift to myself would be a 2003 Vrod. I was blessed to get home by Jun on 3 Jul 03 I mounted my bike for the first time it has been a joy all summer 2700mil thus far. She is put up for parts she will be the toast of the town for the spring. I look forward to learning from you all, drop a few words for those still fighting for our right to Live and Ride Free:biker:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome windtemplar2003 I grew up an airforce brat and spent many years in Germany.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
WindTemplar,
We have a pretty strong military member base here, welcome to our fold! Air Force or Army? 1ID or 1 AD? I was in Schweinfurt with 3/4 CAV way back when when 3ID was in Bavaria, and for the re-flagging to 1ID in 1996. Welcome and thanks for all you did and do!
V/R
Mike

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
W/T,
I merged your two posts together to avoid redudnancy in this area. We are really fortunate to have you here. How easy is it to find parts where you are at?

M~

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parts in Germany!!!

A arm a leg and let's not leave out the first born thing.
My Harley dealer is in NYC I save on the cross country shipping,
and I carry extra empty bags when I come home on leave safe to say we here in Germany buy in bulk :)

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
WT welcome ........We have some fine people with good ideas here.I spent some time Nuremburg with the 1/3 field artillery, I work on 110 self propelled howitzer,along with some time in graff!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Greg I ended a reforger in graff on M109's many many years ago. What a shit hole. :)

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Max It was cold and wet and if not it would be snowing, we where lucky to have a 109 van on a 2 1/2 with a good heater.
We also had a couple of rack hefe weisson[sp] to help with the cold germany winters!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Greg I was only there 2 weeks total, we were staying in vintage WWII barracks including a pot bellied stove. The latrine was a half block away and it was an article 15 if you got pissing on the side of the building. :) To make things worse it rained every day we were there. It might be better now but it was a real hell hole in the early 70's.

Max

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Ahhh, memories...
In my 3 years stationed in the FRG, I did NINE rotations at CMTC and almost that many gunneries at Graff. I would go back in a heartbeat...

Mike

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Theses are the things that bind men of the world in service of our country God Bless you all, ok that's enough!! It's snowing like Hell here again Happy New Year to you all if you ever lived among the Germans you know how My New Years went It was the 4th of July. last year we watched in amazement this year we fired for effect Kaboom!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Currently waiting to get my bike out of the shop to take some picks and make some posts. She will be pure Templar if my wife doesen't put me out the house first, you know how it is when you get the fever, it's like going into the store shoping for food hungary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts