Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Sundowner and the Super sport shield.
I'm happy with both...so I thought I'd share some info for would be buyers:
This applies to the VRSC-B.
The super-sport (mid-size) windshield is just was I was looking for: decent wind and bug protection without messing up the bikes look. fyi on the mounting of the hardware: leave off the chrome headlight visor, doesn't match the B-Rod.
Also, the shield clamps work best if you position them right where the cable clips are on the handlebar upright. I tried above and below, and it wouldn't line up well so I removed those clips, and put the clamps right over the holes. If your clutch line is in the way, loosen and rotate the grip to gain clearance.

The sundowner seat is great. I'm very happy, except for the backrest mismatch. So don't make this mistake:
I had purchased the smooth backrest and fender plate when I bought the bike.
Now that I have the sundowner the smaller smooth backrest looks somewhat silly with the wide passenger seat so I have to replace the back rest pad with the textured touring pad. The dealer said they might swap backpads with me so I might not have wasted $70.00.

I hope someone finds this info helpful.
Cheers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow up: The dealer swapped back rest pad no problem so I saved $$. Then they even gave me 20% off of the luggage rack.
You sort of need the luggage rack with the sundowner seat because the wide pillion gets in the way of using the sissy bar as a tie down for luggage on the pillion.

Val, thanks for the compliment! Ditto!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts