Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I just purchased a new Muscle and every time I did any type of search I would find this forum, so I figured I would join in!

I figured I would get down to business concerning the slip on options for the bike. Its between V&H and Tabs, I'm leaning towards the tabs just because of the price.

So what do you all think??

·
Registered
569 Posts
TAB best bang for your buck.

I like the tabs because of sound, performance, ease, price, and support you get directly from manufacturer Todd is a stand up guy. My pipe came with a ding i called them and had a replacment within 3 days. Try that with V&H.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i love the sound and look of my tabs but my tuner is junk...i would go with the PCV from what i hear its the best....gonna order mine in a couple weeks

·
Registered
569 Posts
Best for what?

i love the sound and look of my tabs but my tuner is junk...i would go with the PCV from what i hear its the best....gonna order mine in a couple weeks

I prefer SEPST I had PC5 with Auto Tune and sent it back and never looked back. Spend the few extra bucks and get it right the first time. The other tuner I like was the company that originally had the contract for the tuner and software for HD. Mastertune don't know much about them but the people who use them seem to love em.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Love my VH competition on a vrsca but NOT on a muscle, would much rather have dual exhausts I think it balances the bike better.

·
Registered
569 Posts
agree

Love my VH competition on a vrsca but NOT on a muscle, would much rather have dual exhausts I think it balances the bike better.
Yeah I agree your bikes and the DX 2-1 pipes look great I think on the VRSCF it is completely different not only balance but I also like the looks and to me it does have the look of an older muscle car beefy and powerful.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
What is that gauge on the throttle/brake level?
The two little black buttons are the Arnott switches is that what you are referring too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think those videos have pretty much convinced me. That Arnott suspension seems pretty cool also, is it worth it??

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love my arnotts! I also have a remote cotrol for them but thats mostly to show off. I like them as when I am riding with my girl I raise the bike and I slam it when I'm off profileing! It's a great all around shock that lets you play with several different riding positions for whatever type of ride you are interested in. If your interested there is a group buy on these forums it will save you a few bucks buying it that way.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Hey Guys

I just purchased a new Muscle and every time I did any type of search I would find this forum, so I figured I would join in!

I figured I would get down to business concerning the slip on options for the bike. Its between V&H and Tabs, I'm leaning towards the tabs just because of the price.

So what do you all think??
Tab for sure!

Great customer service, quality product, awesome sound, and looks good on the F too...................

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140143

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
per the tab video posted. that is the first i have heard the tab pipes. they sound great. much better than the v&h (which i had and went back to stock)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oh thats an HD product...

That's the little HD handlebar clock, they also make a thermostat you could put on other side but when I bought it the thermostat was out of stock and I never ended up getting it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wouldn't steer you wrong.

per the tab video posted. that is the first i have heard the tab pipes. they sound great. much better than the v&h (which i had and went back to stock)
I'm tellin ya man I wouldn't steer you wrong lose the stock pipes and put a little vroom vroom in your life! If you ever head through Pennsylvania (I'm in the Harrisburg area) give me a hollar and you can test it out first hand. I do need to post a new video though because the video you watched was before I put in the stage 2 kit. The mod in the video was pipes, topless, and SEPST which got run on the dyno and dialed in pretty well.

Dino

1 - 20 of 47 Posts