Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my DX this Saturday, I've got the black Tab exhusts (baffles)/Tab programmer/filter coming next week....

I'd like to add a Boss Noss system AFTER the initial break in...

I dont know much about Nitrous.... The Tab system comes with its own programmer with pre-programmed fuel/air settings depending on which pipes you use. Obviously, I'll have it set for the baffled Tab pipes.

Once a Boss Noss system is installed, do you have to remap the computer? Or does the Boss Noss system come with an additional programmer to compensate for when the nitrous is used?

How's it work?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Boss Noss comes with it's own tuner setup that will control fuel flow as well. It will add extra fuel through the injectors when the nirous is activated. As I am told by the guys at Boss Noss, their controller will do everything that any fuel tuner will do when it comes to adding fuel throughout the RPM band as needed by adding pipes and filters and such.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do I remove Tab's programmer and use Boss' then?

Or both?

If just the Boss, then I'd have no idea how to program it for my set up.... That's why I went with Tab, it's got all the maps already programmed into it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think that you can use both setups, the TAB tuner will control fueling when not in nitrous and when the nitrous it activated the Boss Noss tuner will take over. My friend has it on his "B" with a SERT and he runs both. Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
But how does the Tab fueler physically hook up to the bike? Does it piggy back onto the injectors? That is how the Boss Noss controller works and so then you probably could not use both. The SERT and the PC III work differently than a "fueler" so you can use both of those. And yes you could tune your bike with the Boss Noss controller alone, but it does not have the convenience of being preprogrammed. Maybe Jacob can chime in about this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts