Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, Am I ever glad to have found this forum. this is awesome.

I've spent my time riding the Sportster 883 and finally after immense amount of reading and research couldnt help but make an impulsive buy and order the new 2011 Nightrod special.

It arrives in 10 days and I am super excited.

But ..... I am also a bit apprehensive.... Adding another 120lbs to the bike, another 400 CC and a bike that runs, operates, revs and handles compeltely differently.

I am wondering if any of you folks could share some info on what a new V rod rider should expect from the machine especiually in terms of handling, balance, important things to consider, remember, primary upgrades etc. Any tips would be much appreciated.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
Welcome and expect to have a big grin on your face. I think if you have been riding for some time you'll be fine. My favorite upgrade is a spinner muffler.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome, and Let the Good times begin soon as you cruise down the Road and Smiling.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Coming form sport bikes it took me a few k's to get use to the handling. The 240 rear tire, low riding position and forward controls all took some time. Since I got use to it... I am very impressed. Only warning is; if you are not use to dragging pegs, it may take some time to get use to. This bike drags pegs and boot heels easier than what I was use to.

What colour are you getting? What dealer did you go through? Post some pictures when you get it please. I know many want to see what others are proud to be receiving:vrod:.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, I am excited beyond and I can feel the force of the dark side rising!

9 more days to go before I get this baby.

Any tips for the break in period? I've heard some opposign theories.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome Dave. Rest assured, there will be pics coming as soon as the machien arrives. another 9 days!

I am coming from a Sportster so not entirely as different as a sport bike but the 240 tire is definite throw for me. Not sure what to expect quite yet and how it changes the handling of the bike.
The longer wheel base is also something that I hear takes getting used to. I assume that changes the way the bike turns and leans and handles as well.

I am getting the denim black with black stripes and ordered it from the Harley Davidson of Toronto

Welcome to the forums. Coming form sport bikes it took me a few k's to get use to the handling. The 240 rear tire, low riding position and forward controls all took some time. Since I got use to it... I am very impressed. Only warning is; if you are not use to dragging pegs, it may take some time to get use to. This bike drags pegs and boot heels easier than what I was use to.

What colour are you getting? What dealer did you go through? Post some pictures when you get it please. I know many want to see what others are proud to be receiving:vrod:.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate! Would you be able to post a link for the spinner muffler you are referring to. It sounds neat but I dont believe I have seen one

Welcome and expect to have a big grin on your face. I think if you have been riding for some time you'll be fine. My favorite upgrade is a spinner muffler.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
Thanks mate! Would you be able to post a link for the spinner muffler you are referring to. It sounds neat but I dont believe I have seen one
A turbo :).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts