Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just picked up my 2011 Denim VRSCDX yesterday from New River HD in Jacksonville NC. I will be spending allot of time on this site trying to learn as much as possible. This is the first Harley that I have owned so I hope everyone can put up with all the newb questions that will be coming from here on out. As a matter of fact, hear is the first one. Can I remove the baffles from the exhaust until I decide on which exhaust to get? Will it cause any issues if they are removable? Again thanks for your patience.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,130 Posts
It won't run well without managing the fuel delivery. Back in the good ole days you could do whatever you wanted and just adjust your carbs but not anymore. You need to spend some $$$ and if it were me, I would not get a piggy back system like the power commander. But this is all IMHO there will be many other.

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Joemack. I'm in the Raleigh area. This site is great for enlightenment and confusion, information and disinformation, opinions and facts. You'll have a great time, lmao. Just make sure you check it twice a day if you want to catch any good deals for sale. Stuff disappears QUICK around here.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome and Tuners are needed for exhaust changes as you don't want to hurt your motor and run flat or too lean. Save up the money and check what you need to make it you mod and what sound you want. Enjoy it stock until then.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts