Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just picked up my VRSCAW on 7-7-07 (lucky day!) and had a question about the Screamin Eagle exhaust. I want an exhaust that looks exactly like the factory pipes, but from what I hear, dealers are no longer selling the SE pipes. I have seen a few sets on Ebay for the 02-06 bikes. My question is, will the SE pipes that fit the 02-06 VRSCA's fit the AW with the wide tire?? If not, is there another brand that looks exactly like the factory pipes?? I did a search and all I could come up with is guys that have drilled holes in the end of the pipes. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
WELCOME, the least expensive way to increase the sound is to do the V-Mod modification. It is done to your stockers to retain the look and increases volume and power.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
check out www.v-mod.com and talk with Steve. He can either set you up with a louder exhaust or mod yours for you. Just keep in mind if you touch your exhuast it will void the warranty on the bike...parts of the warranty anyways. If you have a warranty it is always best to have stock back up parts in the event you need to bring it to a dealer for work.

I had my 16ga se modded by v-mod....i also have a stock backup in the event of warranty!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
To answer your question Yes, the older SE Slip Fit's will work on your AW. The V-Mod is VERY loud so you may want to evaluate all your options before you start cutting into your factory pipes.

I believe Steve has been working on a modified V-Mod that's quieter but I haven't followed it. I happen to like V-Modded SE Slip Fits, they are the perfect combination of sound and looks IMHO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Im at work and I come back for lunch and my answers are there. You guys are the best!! I wanna try to avoid drilling so I will try to pick up a set of SE's off ebay or something. Thanks again

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
frikshun23 said:
Thanks guys. Im at work and I come back for lunch and my answers are there. You guys are the best!! I wanna try to avoid drilling so I will try to pick up a set of SE's off ebay or something. Thanks again
The SE's are not loud. My bike had them when I bought it and it sounds like a teletype machine (Unlike the Originals that sound like a sewing machine) either way you just go "Ticking on down the street" Vmods are not that loud but very DEEP. I love mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wanted to stick with the stock look too. I just sent my pipes out to get v-modded today, I'll let you know what I think off them when I get them on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts