Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This is my first post ever, wow feels pretty cool. Here's the skinney. I bought a brand new Custom '03 VRSCA in May of '07. YES it was brand new. It was sitting around the show room. The dealer was asking too much for too long. Well I picked it up because it looked sweet and I liked the way it rode (and of course the speed). I've put on like 600 or so miles just cruising around and getting a feel for the bike. I am a previous Yamaha R6 rider, the VROD is a whole new ball game.
Since I bought the bike, I've added some chrome, a screaming eagle exhaust w/ a high flow and ECM download, and a windshield for the colder mornings. I love the bike, however I have come across a slight problem...............I can't ride the damn thing for more than a half hour or so. Kills my A** and my upper back. I know I need a more cumfy seat for the longer hauls, but my bike is all custom. Rear fender is wider than stock, so I don't know what seat would work on my bike. I know I can have my seat or another seat customized, but are there any other choices out there? Does anyone recongnized the body kit that is on my bike?? And yes the dealership is useless, all they know is that it is CUSTOM. Well, Duh!!! On to the next problem............I think my back is killing me because I am reaching too far for the handle bars. I am 6'2'' and no I don't have short arms, but my shoulder blade muscles streching too much. I thought I could just work through it, but I have been unsuccessful. After a longer ride it is hard for me to sleep at night. I have even went to the extent of going to PT without success. I have done some research, I know that some people have custom bars made. I also know that HD has a reduced reach bar, part number 56150-04 for the VRSCB '04-'05 models, would this bar work on my bike with a little modification. I know I can't put my body closer to my current handlebars b/c that would reduce my leg room which would not be comfortable either. Any other ideas???? If I can't get this problem fixed, I'll be at my breaking point. I'll most likely have to $sell$ my bike which would really SUCK!

Anyways, hello to everyone. Any one from the WI area ever wanna ride let me know. Always looking for people to ride with..............Later

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Bob, :vrodforu:

Post pictures of the seat/fender -

I have a '03 A and have never had issues with my shoulders(6'2" also). Run a sundowner seat, pretty comfortable. Put up some pics so people can see what your rear end/ seat looks like.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Hey Bob!
:vrodforu:
I met you at Kelley's the other week. I recognize the rear fender. I have a stock seat, a Sundowner, and a Badlander. Stop over and we can see if any of them will fit with your fender. It's worth a shot. I'll PM you my info.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome. Mods can fix most anything. Just surf the threads and you will probably fix all your problems.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome