Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to this forum and will take this opportunity to formally introduce myself. I reside in the state of Georgia, and recently purchased a 02 V-ROD from Milwaukee Harley-Davidson (The price was irresistible. $14,118 with 3k miles plus service record out the door, which included hard saddlebags with chrome lids), rented a GMC 4x4 pickup truck, and drove up to get it. The temperature upon my arrival was a whapping -14 degrees, needless to say I hauled ass getting out of there. So far I have added the touring windshield, Sundowner seats, air box bra, and heated grips. Needless to say I'm hopelessly in love.

PS:
Let me also add that the folks at Milwaukee Harley are the greatest. Never in my life have I ever had such good service to include after sale commitments. If only all dealer would follow suit. If you live in Wisconsin and is shopping for a Harley you should look them up. The finance manager's name is Tony, what a great guy.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome awtrott

Max

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max. It seems the general consensus is that you are man around hear. I intend to tap into your vast wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome :biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:vrodforu:
You better have a Big Bucket cause He's got allot :thumb:

·
Todd
482 Posts
:vrodforu: I am living here in Augusta. Let me know if you head out my way. I visit my parents living in the Stone Mountain area also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Todd, I'll be sure to look you up if I am ever in your neck of the woods. My Mom lives in the Stone Mountain area also, so be sure to let me know when you are in town.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Welcome awtrott. I'm fairly new here myself. You will love it here. I'd be interested in hearing about your heated grips. I'm thinking about adding Aileron heated grips to my '02. What style are yours? How do you like them? Can you wear a light pair of gloves in fairly cold weather? I'm sure others here will look for your response too.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome

I am new also. I had no info on V-Rods till I got here. Great site. Ya'll have fun neighbor. AL :welcome:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Allen,
I like the heated grips very much (http://harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp), and do wear a Harley touring winter glove that is somewhat thin, but find that my fingers get noticeable cold in temperatures below 40 degrees. The problem is though the heated grip keeps the palm very warm, it really does nothing for the wind blast to the outer surface of my hands. Therefore I believe it best if I invested into a pair of heated gloves instead. I could look at wearing thicker gloves but it would create difficulty feeling the controls or even the heat that is generated by the grips. So in a nutshell if you plan on doing lots of winter riding I strongly suggest heated gloves. See the attachment for a picutre of my heated grips (Hope this helps) :ride:

Attachments

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
:wazzup: :wazzup: :wazzup: :wazzup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Allen Lake said:
Welcome awtrott. I'm fairly new here myself. You will love it here. I'd be interested in hearing about your heated grips. I'm thinking about adding Aileron heated grips to my '02. What style are yours? How do you like them? Can you wear a light pair of gloves in fairly cold weather? I'm sure others here will look for your response too.

Hey Allen,
I like the heated grips very much (http://harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp), and do wear a Harley touring winter glove that is somewhat thin, but find that my fingers get noticeable cold in temperatures below 40 degrees. The problem is though the heated grip keeps the palm very warm, it really does nothing for the wind blast to the outer surface of my hands. Therefore I believe it best if I invested into a pair of heated gloves instead. I could look at wearing thicker gloves but it would create difficulty feeling the controls or even the heat that is generated by the grips. So in a nutshell if you plan on doing lots of winter riding I strongly suggest heated gloves. See the attachment for a picutre of my heated grips (Hope this helps) :ride:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts