1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Newbie to this forum.

I have a VRSCA '03 Anniversary....

Was wondering,.....are there any Rod ride outs in this area I am missing out on (Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire).

...be nice to know..

Cheers, Roy

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Hi Roy, word of warning, using this site can rapidly empty you wallet!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Roy, welcome to the forum. Not too far away in sunny old Wigan, right at the end of the M58. I used to have a ride with two workmates, one on my old Sportster and one on a Honda blackbird but we are on different shifts and can`t always tie up.
I love my DX, and wanted to push it more so I joined my local Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists just to learn how to be safer etc. First day they all rolled up on BMW`s and wearing Hi-vis jackets, I thought I`ll have a couple of rides, pass the test then move on. Glad I stayed with it, boy do they push on. First ride from Wigan to Settle , Kendal , Sedburgh and back home via Yorkshire, I was lost but having fun . I`ve had my bike since April and only got my pegs down twice, both on that first run.
Next run was on a test route through Knutsford, Warrington and surrounding area. Loads of long sweeping A roads, just right for a v rod, we followed a Traffic car for a while then he went up to 65 in a national and 9 of us passed him at 70mph.
Good thing for me is the observers have looked at my bike and agree it has a different riding position and style to all the BMW`s and Jap racers they normally get, so they are adjusting the riding style a little to suit my bike. Whatever happens I`m having fun , going further and faster than I did before, but importantly, being safer as well.
Look them up on the net, if there`s not a local bike branch near you why not try the Wigan one, would be good to have two V Rods in one group.
regards Daz, `07 VRSCDX

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
Welcome from marginally more North than Chewey.

I am a member of IAM down here, and awaiting being assigned an observer.
I'm doing it on the TDM850, as that is the one I ride the most (10,000/year)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome for the far side of the small pond . Great site , you will enjoy it.

Moto

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
The_Apprentice said:
I am a member of IAM down here, and awaiting being assigned an observer.
dayglo vest and an ANCHOR??:D perhaps i need to go along to a local IAM if they let ooligans in:hidesbeh:

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
dayglo vest and an ANCHOR??:D perhaps i need to go along to a local IAM if they let ooligans in:hidesbeh:
Alan, I have been down there a couple of times and it is mainly BMWs and dayglo vests.
I was on the DX though, and they do make a mean bacon sarnie.

I finally managed to do it............
From leaving my drive, I did not put my foot down until I pulled into work :D
28 miles, 6 sets of traffic lights, 5 roundabouts, via Bordon.
Well chuffed, in a sad sort of way :$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts