Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Got my new '03 V Rod about a month ago (My last bike was a Kawasaki GPZ 750 back in 1985).

I'd been racing an SCCA GT-1 racecar (tube frame V-8 Camaro) for the last few years and have finally "retired" (for the 2nd time).

Since parking the racecar and starting to sell it off, piece by piece, I was looking for a "new" hobby that would keep my interest in "gears".

Two of my buddies have Harley's ('95 Low Rider & '03 Road King) and they helped "steer" me into a HD. The V Rod was my first choice, but being a short guy, I had trouble reaching the shifter.

Was going to order a new Low Rider until my local dealer pulled a V Rod off the showroom floor and started tricking it out with most of HD's bolt-ons. All I needed to do was sit on the "Willie G" saddle and check the "fit" on the reduced reach controls to confirm that a V Rod would be comfortable after all !

Had one on the road home 2 days later, been riding it almost everyday since. I'm getting a late start (at 55 yrs.) but am looking forward to riding with my wife (on her new Buell), tricking out my V Rod with some more neat bolt-ons, and maybe building a "custom" bike in a year or two.

This forum is great, tons of ideas, info and opinions !!!

Take care all, thanks for the "company",

Emery

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
EEROD welcome to the forum. Glad your enjoying that new V-Rod.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Welcome Bro!:fahr38

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Emery,
Never to old, just ask Daniii! We are pleased to have you here!

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Hey, I'm only the 2nd oldest!!!!

But Welcome...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts