Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm like a kid waitin' for Christmas morning. My local Dealer located a new 2010 Muscle and shipped it today. I will be picking it up Friday. Traded my 2009 CanAm Renegade but kept my 95 Softail Custom. My Tabs and K&N came today and a PCV should arrive soon from Fuelmoto. Tons of great info on this site!! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Nice! I ordered a 2010 through AAFES but I have to wait til November when I return to the states to pick it up. Congrats on the purchase!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Awesome - I know the feeling! Congrats...

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
:vrodforu:

You'll love the bike and this site even more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up the Muscle today and put just over 100 miles on her. The ride, power, and handling are all great but I was really pissed when the throttle assembly/master cylinder came loose and almost fell off. I went back to the dealer and they replaced one of the black hex screws that fell out. Thirty miles later, Second trip back to the dealer and same loose throttle/master cylinder! WTF! They put some blue loctite and said maybe it wasn't seated properly on the bars. So far it's still tight. Anybody have any issues with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealer Prep

Sounds like good dealer prep - take the bike out of the crate and roll it outside to the customer!

I'm suprised that the F has glaring, though small, problems like this. Back in the day you could expect lots of thing to fall off a new Harley, even while sitting on the dealer's floor! I thought they got passed that long ago.

No problems with mine yet. I did ask the dealer what he could do with deals on accessories, as everything is SO expensive. He said that he could do nothing, as they sell on customer service (true). He said that when my bike breaks down, and it will, he'll come pick it up and fix it with no hassle.

That's not what I had in mind! If the bike breaks down for no reason, I'll be looking elsewhere! I hope it does not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, so far so good, the loctite seems to have worked. The dealer left a message to check on the bike(covering his a$$ in case I layed it down...lol). He also said he forgot to ask me for my $500.00 down payment! Hmmm, let's see $17,000 v-rod, $650 dealer prep and shipping, $100 document fees, $100 tags, $235 first service, $300 labor(getting bike from another dealer 50 miles away). I must have short changed him!:banghead:

·
Registered
569 Posts
thats why we love them...

That's why we call them stealerships!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, Dealer took care of me and returned/waived my $500.00, life is good! I installed the Tabs tonight, OMG!! PCV and K&N will go on tommorrow. This bike is SICK!!:D

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
Just an update, Dealer took care of me and returned/waived my $500.00, life is good! I installed the Tabs tonight, OMG!! PCV and K&N will go on tommorrow. This bike is SICK!!:D
They try to do the right thing, but you have to insist on it also. Sounds like a dealer that cares.

I would have liked more horsepower on the bike... not that I've ever had a need for it, but ....

You'll have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts