Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the V & H Competition Series on my X and LOVE it!.The sound is amazing from a start to the throttle twisted wide.I had rode a V with the Bub exhaust and found it was a tad docile sounding and not what I wanted and gambled on the V&H and am glad I did.I run it with a PCIII and the race air box.

Now the only 1 downfall I did find is the front pipes proximity to the forward controls,my big feet and no lower heat shield.I got my big canal boat sized foot to close to the pipe and melted the back of the heel on my boot.A little oven cleaner and some elbow grease fixed that but in the Spring I am going to have the guy who built my stainless headers for my race car fab me a heat shield for that pipe or it will have to be wrapped with header tape to ensure no more melt jobs on my foot..........Andy

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a brand new 11 dx and I have the V&H competition series on my bike. I must say I love the way it sounds. The stock exhaust was just to quite and it looked like shit IMO. It really made the bike sound alot meaner & looks real cool too. Just watch your boot on the front pipe that is the only issue I found out so far. A Harley was meant to be loud. I get alot of attention with these pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts