Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the UK is huge and divided by thousands of miles, do we need a separate area for Australia or a sub group for the different areas? Just trying to make it so you guys can do meets and keep in touch easier.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks for your help with this Max.:notworth:

UK members lets support the effort to bring the forum closer together and add your details/messages in this section.

Max is open to suggestions and I have asked if he can create a special area that will allow the UK guys and girls to communicate more effectively. Looks like the Aussies might be in on the act too, just as long as we don't have to play cricket with them it will be OK:angeldev:

I cannot imagine how much hard work it is for Max to maintain this forum especially with Jeannie being so ill at the moment so lets make the effort and show Max our support from the UK.

And if you really want to help and haven't yet pressed the little green donation button on the home page do it now coz this forum is the best value on the Net

Cheers

Jon

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Max your a star, just sent ya $50

Skins right about the donations, it's easily forgotten "I keep forgetting it" or maybe not known about. It's only fair to bung a few quid in, especially if you find this site as useful as I have.

As for this "UK Area" it's great idea. "thanks for suggesting Skin"

We, "well I do" miss so many posts due to the large number of new posts made nowadays, this should enable us to keep updated better with regards to meets, events and what's happenings.

If you know of one, stick it on here, sounds good don't it?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Yes Max we need / want one for the biys down under.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave thanks so much for the support. My only question is do I split this area into two subgroups so the guys down under and the guys from the north each have a place or is one area enough to keep track?

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Australia is just as much UK as Canada is. I don't see the connection in lumping them together....other than keeping them from polluting the North American forum areas with their funny accents.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Max, thanks a lot for our own spot on the forum :)
I have been meaning to post a big thanks for your work with the forum.
I manage a forum and know it can be a thankless task, but then I do it 'cos I enjoy it.

Have also just put $50 your way.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so that I get this right,

Do I make one sub section for Great Britain
one sub section for Australia and one sub section for Canada? Would they all not stay under the UK heading?

THanks for the input.

1,501 Posts
For the UK it would be cool if we had sub-divisions of England, Wales, Scotland and Norther Ireland (Ireland maybe or is that a bit political?).

England could also be divided into:

South of England (or South East)
London (or M25)
Midlands
North
South West
(any others?)

Cheers Max!!!

1,501 Posts
Skinbo said:
Thanks for your help with this Max.:notworth:

UK members lets support the effort to bring the forum closer together and add your details/messages in this section.
Cheers

Jon
Cool, i suggested and England section some time ago, tis at the bottom of the Member Location pit....

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
diverse said:
For the UK it would be divided as England, Wales, Scotland and NI?

England could be divided into:

South of England
London
Midlands
North
South West

Cheers Max!!!
I think that is going a bit far, after all the States has not been split up.
Let's just have a UK, Canada and Australia section.
There are definately enough UK guys.

I did think it would be fun to put the UK section in the "Foreign Language" section. I thought the irony would be fun :)

1,501 Posts
No offence to Jim or Kieron but most of us Southerners never ride more than a tank of fuel away or when there is a remote possiblity of getting rained or bug'd on. If there is we bring our own bugwipes and support vehicles. We only want to meet with other Southerners.

:hidesbeh:

:grouphug

ONLY KIDDING!!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
diverse said:
No offence to Jim or Kieron but most of us Southerners never ride more than a tank of fuel away or when there is a remote possiblity of getting rained or bug'd on. If there is we bring our own bugwipes and support vehicles. We only want to meet with other Southerners.

:hidesbeh:

:grouphug

ONLY KIDDING!!
To be honest, I ride within a couple of hours of my house due to family commitments etc. Would love a ride out but I'd need a canoe at the moment :banghead:

Damn UK weather.

Thanks to Max for creating this sub-forum for us though.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well lets try them as they are now and see if we need to make any adjustments.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Australia is not England, we are independant soverign nation apart for some old fashion political systems we are not a dominion of England. It is only you yanks had the war of independance, pity we have not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts