Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the clamp for the Headlight came back from powdercoating so I could finish it. It looks really good. The back cover of the headlight was revarnished in black so it gives a nice contrast between the black parts.

I had the light left over from my 2003 VRSCA and had no idea, what to do with it.

Change between headlight VRSCDX and VRSCA is done in minutes for the future.

Second I took away that plastic part under the rear fender and installed Kellermann turnsignals instead. Looks much better. Kellermann also produces turnsignals which include rearlight and brakelight in the same size with dark glas, so it is all nearly unvisible.

Attachments

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather conditions in Northern Germany now are quite uncomfortable - so the bike has a place inside and I can warm up a little bit when I look on it. Next Mod will be the ceramic coating of the exhaust :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ya Jan, I used to live in Heidelberg, Bad Toelz and Stuttgart so I know about the German weather...almost gets as cold as it does in Wisconsin! Hamburg however is a very beautiful city.

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya Jan, I used to live in Heidelberg, Bad Toelz and Stuttgart so I know about the German weather...almost gets as cold as it does in Wisconsin! Hamburg however is a very beautiful city.
Hi Bryan! Hamburg is a beautiful city? Excuse me, it's the most beautiful city in the world, especially in summer - except your hometown of course :)

But you are right with the weather. In Hamburg and the northern part of Germany the wintertime is a little bit softer than in the southern part of Germany, but at all it's raining, cold and time to stay at home at the chimney. This year we had for our circumstances an catastrophic winter with masses of snow from December to March. Usual in Hamburg we have two or three days snow a year and that's it. Must be the climatic catastrophe.

Heidelberg is a very nice and cute University-City - think you liked it, or?

CU

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Job is going Wonderful.....How did you install the kellermans...Did u drill thru fender?
No, no drilling through the fender. Every mod I do should be so done that I can build it back to stock.

I used this bracket for the rear turn signals.

For the front signals I think about this bracket. This will give the chance to use the totally black Kellermann for an nearly unvisible look.

Also thinking about another rear fender from MS Biketec. What do you think about (only makes sense with Arnotts)?

Like this rear fender too - just plug'n'play but pretty expensive...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have visited that website, really nice accessories. I was looking to buy the front cowl lowering kit but after doing some homework i did it on my own for $4 dollars. Were did you get your rear signal brackets from?

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have visited that website, really nice accessories. I was looking to buy the front cowl lowering kit but after doing some homework i did it on my own for $4 dollars. Were did you get your rear signal brackets from?
I am really deep ashamed to say: I bought them from MS Biketec - a simple piece of curved metal. But I had no time to ask my friend to make it for me as he was in repair of an Porsche 911 for a customer.

I believe the piece for the front turn signals can be bought in every Do-it-Yourself-Store for a few cent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts