Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Nick Trask for supplying me the Flange fittings. This discharge pipe is in no way affiliated with trask performance. I used Task's name in the title because this discharge pipe will only fit Nicks turbo system

Similar to the one from a while back however I made this super tight to the headers so you can run either mid controls or forward controls. Although a lot and I mean a lot of cutting and fabricating went into getting the bends just right I decided to teach someone how to weld with a coat hanger on them. Not only was it this guys first time tig welding but he didn't believe me you can weld with a hanger so I made him do it. The welds are not pretty I will blend them in and re tig it properly, I just wanted to get some feed back as to what you guys think.

Other projects finishing up soon.

1. intercooler scoop ( all i need to do is weld it up fab is done)

2. sport bike rear sets ( not even close but its started all parts are on hand I just need to machine everything)

3. Center stand (after round tabling with Frank Clark we (mostly him) have come up with a center stand that I think I can make and sell. I have half of it machined I will be finishing that with in the month.)

4. Lower fork covers ( those are coming shortly soon. As soon as I can get them on a bike for a few miles they will be ready.)

5. air system tank (this is finished I just need to wire it in and test it. Kits should be ready around the same time as the center stand.)

Is there anything else you would like to see lets be realistic here...

pictures were taken by my phone my hands were super shaky after running the mill for a few hours

The exhaust sits square, In the picture its not bolted down at all just sitting up against the flange

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Nice Ron! It's cool to see those pieces you pulled out of the box last summer as a fabricated exhaust.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Ron! It's cool to see those pieces you pulled out of the box last summer as a fabricated exhaust.
Thanks those are some intelligent bends. I think they are 2.5 or 3" pipe with a 4" CLR which is super tight for pipe that big. I don't have a lot of money in the material but a lot of time fitting them together.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Have to say that does look PIMP for a turbo! Congrats bro best of luck.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Nice work!!! I like that exhaust... Congrats!!! Interested in your scoop for the intercooler, are you going to make more?

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
Good work Ronnie... I'll still let the air out of your truck tires though.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
Super interested in the centerstand.
Me too. Would love to see something that works well and does not take away too much cornering clearance.

·
Premium Member
10,810 Posts
Nice! Makes me want a turbo!

·
brett
9,338 Posts
cool ;a center stand that actually works .rather than my magnetic click ons ,u got my attention ,just have it all done by mwt6

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Ron,

I would be in for an intercooler scoop as well. How much, and when can we expect them if you decide to go ahead and make more.
Thanks
Eddie

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
great work Ron......glad to see you staying busy........ how about some lightened rear pulleys that match the 5 spoke wheels out there? - I know you are the man for that project..... what is involved with mapping with that exhaust... i am putting a Trask on an '07DX Road-Rod right now....

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Nice look on that pipe. Can I assume this center stand would be air actuated? I'm interested as well.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
very cool stuff. how about some passenger peg relocators that move the passenger pegs forward and down some. i have seen a few pictures of them here somewhere. oh Steve has a set on his bike.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the demand is high enough I will make more exhaust systems. They will have heat shields, which will be expensive due to the fact I plan on running that gucci nasa aluminized liner on the backing so you can lay you hand on the shield at temp and not burn yourself. If I can get enough interest in these I'd like to get them made out to Ti or the very least thin wall stainless.

I can and will make more scoops however, it will be a weld on part. You would either need to send me your IC and I'll weld it or take it to a shop and have it down, I'm not that interested in bolting in on.

The center stands will be air actuated a 12v actuator is just too large for the space I have.

If all goes well the center stands will be done well before MWT6 wait is this MWT5 or 6 coming up?

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice work Ron !!

Will the exhaust have heat shields ?

Will the mid controls fit Big Will ?:)
To be honest I'm not sure I could even make a set of functional mid controls that would fit Will or yourself. Your legs might be up near your ears. However, if you let me make your seat taller and I mean way taller I could get you in a set of mids.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts