Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
You people know your on a Motorcycle right? All this complaining about Cagers on the phone and you guys have dip and chips, fairing blasting/screaming Molly Hatchet out of 2 - 3" mid range speakers, Bluetooth devices so YOU CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER WHILE DRIVING (Hypocrytes? Hmmm) and sipping on coffee. How about this for a bumper sticker.
"Put Down the Meal & Turn down the static and Ride":hidesbeh:
Now I know why all you wear FF Helmets, so you can put dashboards in there too!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luxlamf said:
You people know your on a Motorcycle right? All this complaining about Cagers on the phone and you guys have dip and chips, fairing blasting/screaming Molly Hatchet out of 2 - 3" mid range speakers, Bluetooth devices so YOU CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER WHILE DRIVING (Hypocrytes? Hmmm) and sipping on coffee. How about this for a bumper sticker.

That would be Focus I was listening to... as in Hocus Pocus, with Focus

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
luxlamf said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...knew he was going to post something like this.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
luxlamf said:
Holy crap - I'm agreeing with David! Except I guess I'd rather see speakers than someone riding with an iPod - now THAT'S friggin dangerous! Nothing screams 'safe' like blocking out all outside noise...

·
RhinoRD
121 Posts
I think the LEDS may have burned thru your eyes right on into your brain. Snackie cups!?!?!?!?!?.....I guess if you are taking the little human to daycare on your bike that might come in handy.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think of the challenge of trying to eat cheese poofs at freeway speed!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Holy crap - I'm agreeing with David! Except I guess I'd rather see speakers than someone riding with an iPod - now THAT'S friggin dangerous! Nothing screams 'safe' like blocking out all outside noise...
you ever wear ear plugs while riding?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
you ever wear ear plugs while riding?
I do. But they are not blaring music at me. They attentuate the noise - not add to it.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
think of the challenge of trying to eat cheese poofs at freeway speed!
Maybe you can make a Clamp of some kind so you can use the red spreader while riding?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
DrHeathenScum said:
either way, the "outside noise" is being attenuated
Agreed. It's all calculated risk, I've been riding 32+ years and have had 3 relatively major wrecks. Two were caused by cars - so I want to make sure I see / hear them and they see / hear me (you'll be getting my order soon :))

I own an iPod - and to hear it over my pipes and the wind, it would have to be loud enough that I really doubt I would hear much else. Yet I ride with 1/2 helmet mush of the time, or in t-shirts, so though I cringe at some 'unsafe' practices, I'm also a hippocrite.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
luxlamf said:
Maybe you can make a Clamp of some kind so you can use the red spreader while riding?
You hang the spreader from a chain around your neck... sort of a cheez-whiz version of a coke spoon.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Agreed. It's all calculated risk, I've been riding 32+ years and have had 3 relatively major wrecks. Two were caused by cars - so I want to make sure I see / hear them and they see / hear me (you'll be getting my order soon :))

I own an iPod - and to hear it over my pipes and the wind, it would have to be loud enough that I really doubt I would hear much else. Yet I ride with 1/2 helmet mush of the time, or in t-shirts, so though I cringe at some 'unsafe' practices, I'm also a hippocrite.
Join the Club! It's one of my best attributes actually.
I could not imagine riding without the ipod, on the rare occassion that I forgot to charge it the night before and it dies while riding I start to lose my mind. I have actually interrupted the ride and rode many miles outta the way and stopped by an Apple store and let them charge it up a few times.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
You hang the spreader from a chain around your neck... sort of a cheez-whiz version of a coke spoon.
Hmm true, what I want to know is while you FF AGATT people are riding and talking to each other and listening to the Blaring music from your fairings with your dashboard Helmets on how do you chew? Do you need one of these straws and a little hole drilled in your visor to use the cup holder? Do you eat alot of Astronaut Food?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
David - what scares me most is novelty helmets. I've bounced me head off the pavement at speed... without the helmet, I'd be dead or drooling. Yet again - I'm a hypocrite - backed off the FF and ride with a carbon fiber DOT 1/2. And I am a ski patroller - in the winters, I see LOTS of head injuries on the slopes. Yet I've not bought a ski helmet yet - and I love to ski fast, so I guess I'm a prime candidate to Bono myself.

F'n hypocrites piss me off.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts