Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I'm new to the forum and Vrod's . Im about to go and look at a 2003 anniversary edition with 7K miles on It , If Its as good as It looks In the pictures and going by the description I will probably buy It. Going to see It this coming Monday 10th June .

With only 7K on the bike I shouldn't imagine there Is anything wrong with It but It Is 16 yrs old
So Is there anything I should be looking out for ? was there any problems with that model year ?,,,,Any input would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also new to vrods. Bought a 2004 vrsca that was Motor Triked in 2015. Has 12k miles and runs awesome - love it !! From what I’ve researched , they are pretty much bulletproof.
Good luck to you!

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Gents: Check out condition brake & clutch fluids, do not mix dot 4 and 5...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there, I too just bought an 03 Vrod with 24k miles with a limited edition Harley paint job and Rinehart racing pipes. The thing looked mint and sounded great. I did however have a few issues with it. First replaced the tires, the old ones had tread but were cupping. Have the clutch master cylinder rebuilt and re-borred if it's been sitting and flush all hydraulics. Also, have the steering column checked and tightened. Mine also needed some fuel additive to get injectors clean. It was frustrating at first but now i love it. It did cost about 1500 to have all the work done which was a bummer but i had suspected it needed tires when i bought it and Metzler 888s are totally worth the cost. It gives it a very controlled ride in my opinion. Good Luck it's such a COOL bike despite having minimal range :-(.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was in the same boat last year. A guy up the road had a 2003 VRSCA with 9k miles on it. I picked it up off him for a good price. My first bike ever. I'm loving it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts