Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
besides bein new here I have a question,

Im planning on purchasing a 2011 DX when I PCS in december.

The dealership is quoting me at $17465.00
($15550.00 base + dealer transport fee and waranty)
This is without taxes

So im wondering if i should go with this price or keep workin at a lower one?

I have very little faith in "honesty" of car/bike dealers and I cant help feeling like this is a rip.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Why not buy a slightly used one and save alot of money? there are plenty of pampered ones in great shape out there....

If i was going to do it again i would

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
Hey
besides bein new here I have a question,

Im planning on purchasing a 2011 DX when I PCS in december.

The dealership is quoting me at $17465.00
($15550.00 base + dealer transport fee and waranty)
This is without taxes

So im wondering if i should go with this price or keep workin at a lower one?

I have very little faith in "honesty" of car/bike dealers and I cant help feeling like this is a rip.

Don't know what the transport fee is, but I bought a 2010 through the BX a couple weeks ago and paid under MSRP. This included ABS, Security System and a 5 year warranty. I thought the price on the 2011's was lower than the 2010 so I think you could do better. If you are OCONUS or heading that way, you might work a deal with the on base dealers.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
base price on a 2011 DX is $15k at high end without ABS/security. $16.2 w/ABS
You're being hosed. $17.5 with ABS & extended warranty OTD would be a good deal IMO

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll 2nd Destro's idea, & say check out the bx or px. I bought a car while on R&R in Japan thru the exchange. Saved big $$.

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the thing tho, this is through the harley dealer in the BX

I will try to get it dropped when i go back in december, ill take the HD print out as proof.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd wait till I was CONUS. I got my '08 VRSCDX in Jan of '09 for $14,200. Like asianwinkie said you can "save a ton" by shopping around when you get stateside. By the way where are you going to be stationed?

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK here's a update.

I went back to the dealer and talked to a different sales rep, after a quick convo and a new quote final price is just under msrp.
no warranty tho. (never said anything about coming in before. :/
(do really i need to get the warranty?)

Also, just went out and rented a 2010 VRSCDX for the day.

and it was gooood

def made the right choice.

^__^

cant wait till feb!

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
is that with sec. & ABS brakes? if no ABS i suggest you pay the xtra money, def. worth it.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
is that with sec. & ABS brakes? if no ABS i suggest you pay the xtra money, def. worth it.
security and ABS are now tied to each other on the options list. You can't get one without the other. Would be good info to have from the OP though.

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, no its without the abs.

worth it eh?
hmm

ill look into it

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
ABS is like your M16... better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
My DX is my first bike with ABS and it kicks ass! My first couple miles on the bike were sadly done while taking the Experienced Rider Course to get my AFI license endorsement, and as luck would have it we had rain most of the day. No big deal that it rained except for being on a new bike. Watched plenty of folks skid around and all I can say is the ABS just works. Doing all of the quick stop drills was, well, easy. Is it worth it? For me yes.

·
Lost Cause
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
-_- The only 10 they had was a muscle, and it was $$

BUT

Finaly worked it out.
11 DX in orange, with ABS/Sec and 3 yr warenty.
Bought and payed for.

Now just waiting on it to get built. ^_^ Feb 1 Delivery date.
So excited.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats...A couple of my German friends ride DXs in Stuttgart and the bike is very very popular in Germany, you will have to go cruisin in K-Town with it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2010 night rod with ABS and warranty, brand new, out the door, $16K total with taxes and I am HAPPY...cause I got it close bye, can be serviced locally, they like me(which always helps) found the exact one 180 miles further south which was $500. less but still happy to have "invested" the extra bucks...saved me travel and headaches associated with distance...

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Opinion from a 82nd Paratrooper at FT. Bragg.

Your best bet is find someone on here who will be living close to your new PCS location.

Talk to them on here and get to know them. When you PCS start looking at Ebay/Craigslist for surrounding area sellers.

Find some bikes, and go look at them with your new friend who will know what to look for if your not mechanical savvy. Get a loan from USAA for the bike, and buy it from a rider and not a dealer.

Enjoy your new bike at a way lower price than what the dealership would sell it for, and have tons of cash left for MODs and/or parts.

And buy the time you PCS, someone who is stupid who bought a 2011 will be selling it due to finances. And you will make out in the deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts