Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders:I just bought a 07 CDX last Saturday, I took it for a short sping but I had to leave it at the dealer so they can install the new early warnnig lo- jack.After the break in period Im thinking into installing thunderheaders exhaust system,I already have this system in my 07 R K C and Im happy with it.Any feedback will be gladly taken .:moped:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just watched 4-5 of the videos on his gallery... those pipes are insane loud... you could expect to upset your neighbors... not to mention anyone within a 1/2 mile radius

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
:hyper: :welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome: :hyper:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for welcome me to this site.I have another question,I already have H D race tuner for my R K C,can I use it for my DX ?
PS.You are so right Kemah those pipes are loud but low deep loud not high pitch loud.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
rodzilla-1130 said:
Thank you all for welcome me to this site.I have another question,I already have H D race tuner for my R K C,can I use it for my DX ?
PS.You are so right Kemah those pipes are loud but low deep loud not high pitch loud.
Welcome to the Dark Side!

Thats a no-go on the RT switchover. Once you've mapped one bike, the unit is married to that specific bike. You can't even swap them between 2 of the same bike. Time to buy a new one.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
Welcome to the Dark Side!

Thats a no-go on the RT switchover. Once you've mapped one bike, the unit is married to that specific bike. You can't even swap them between 2 of the same bike. Time to buy a new one.
:them:

HoldHard

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
rodzilla-1130 said:
Thx Dark for the heads up.I guess is time for some over time at work so I can buy my H D race tuner.
You may want to check that your dealer has some. If they don't, you'll definitely want to order it. I ordered mine on May 15. The RTs were backordered until June 15. My dealer just got my RT on June 29th. Once they run out, you may have to wait a while to get another.

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
You may want to check that your dealer has some. If they don't, you'll definitely want to order it. I ordered mine on May 15. The RTs were backordered until June 15. My dealer just got my RT on June 29th. Once they run out, you may have to wait a while to get another.
Wild Boar? Did they just order 1, or do they have more? What led you to the RT instead of the PCIII, or a Gils box? Have you been on the dyno? What were the results, Sparty?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Wild Boar? Did they just order 1, or do they have more? What led you to the RT instead of the PCIII, or a Gils box? Have you been on the dyno? What were the results, Sparty?
Yup, Wild Boar. My wife and I each ordered one. I don't know if they ordered any overstock at all though. I went with the RT for 2 reasons. 1. You can fine tune it much better than the PCIII. 2. You don't have to leave the unit in the bike like the PCIII. You just plug in th RT, load the map and unplug it. All the EFI changes are stored in the ECM. I'm having it installed this week. As for the dyno, we already have a map from another DX with the same setup. It was dynoed at Wild Boar. They came out with 108hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I loved my bike the way I bought. But, I have now seen another one just like it. While that's a good thing, I don't want a twin! I have a few questions. 1. What exactly does "TOPLESS" mean? 2. By the dog arse, are we referring to the plastic trim around the plate under the rear fender?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
rhill20 said:
I loved my bike the way I bought. But, I have now seen another one just like it. While that's a good thing, I don't want a twin! I have a few questions. 1. What exactly does "TOPLESS" mean? 2. By the dog arse, are we referring to the plastic trim around the plate under the rear fender?
Topless means removing the airbox cover. When you remove the tins over the airbox, you'll see another big box. There are technically 2 airbox covers. You have the box that contains the airfilter. Removing the cover of that box is going topless. It allows more air into the filter by not having to channel it through the little snorkel at the end of the cover.

The dog's 'arse' is referring to the large piece of plastic that holds the rear signals, license plate and reflectors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
rhill20 said:
1. :boobs: It means removing the internal air box cover to suck alot of air. Use the search, lots of info.

2. yes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts