Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am overwhelmed by the information on V-rod's to say the least. I was not a V-rod fan until I rode one in the fall. Now that I have one on the way, I can't seem to think about anything else but riding the new scooter. Looking forward to the V-Rod!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome Stan and congrats on the order. When is the expected arrival time for your new scooter?

Max

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max said:
Welcome Stan and congrats on the order. When is the expected arrival time for your new scooter?

Max
Well , that is a good question. I am waiting for the company that I won it thru to complete their negotiations hopefully with a local dealer. They don't understand why it is so important for me to have in my garage so soon as it is still January in Northern Illinois. Hopefully within the next week or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bbruce65 said:
:welcome:

What did you order?? VRCSA or B? What color? etc....

-Bry
The one I want is the B with the orange sheet metal. I have found a couple at local dealers that I have fowarded to the ones that will be purchasing. But worse case, I may end of with a left over 03 which is still ok with me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frank Storms said:
Stan,

Welcome.

Get your check book out. Buying a new V-Rod is only where it starts. Lots of chrome and performance mods next.
Absolutely! One of the 1st for me is to decide on what exhaust. I see that a lot are running SE or VH. What's hot?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi stan

Welcome, I've been on a week and love it! I'm running the SE 16G double barrels and really like them. I have not broken her in yet, 160 miles to go , but when I do I will have her dyno and report to the gang! :icon_mrgr :laugh: :460: :biker:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fredfryguy said:
Welcome, I've been on a week and love it! I'm running the SE 16G double barrels and really like them. I have not broken her in yet, 160 miles to go , but when I do I will have her dyno and report to the gang! :icon_mrgr :laugh: :460: :biker:
How is the sound with the SE 16G double barrels?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sound, how to describe????????

Deep and powerful. However, the vrod runs more rpm's per given speed than any other Harley Ive owned. It has a deep, mellow faster beat to it. While riding with a fatboy with straight pipes and a custom softtail with V&H long drag pipes I still hear my pipes and it sounded as good as my buddies! The vrod doesn't have the potatoe, potatoe sound at idle and I don't it ever will! Bottom line, Vrods with 16G double barrels are coooolllll!!!!!!!!!! :moped :laugh: :laugh:

Stan said:
How is the sound with the SE 16G double barrels?

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
fredfryguy said:
Deep and powerful. However, the vrod runs more rpm's per given speed than any other Harley Ive owned. It has a deep, mellow faster beat to it. While riding with a fatboy with straight pipes and a custom softtail with V&H long drag pipes I still hear my pipes and it sounded as good as my buddies! The vrod doesn't have the potatoe, potatoe sound at idle and I don't it ever will! Bottom line, Vrods with 16G double barrels are coooolllll!!!!!!!!!! :moped :laugh: :laugh:
I too have the 16Ga pipes, and if you think you love 'em now, get Steve at www.v-mod.com to V-Mod the baffles for you. If the stock 16Ga's are mean sounding... these are down right DEMONIC!
Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
welcome stan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts