Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We just bought our first V-Rod and we LOVE IT!! It is a 2002 model with 6500mi, Rineheart exhaust, an EFI tuner kit and lots of chrome goodies. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I have read though some of the post on here but I did not see any refrence to somethign that I am noticing in my left foot peg while riding. When i go over bumps it feel some kind of vibration in the left peg that i do not feel in the right. Its almos like a metal on metal rub, hard to describe.... but i thought i would ask if anyone had experienced this or something similar.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp!

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
Welcome and it sounds like you have a nice bike.

I have also never read about that foot peg problem. But, you brought it up to the right bunch of people. This forum has a wealth of information!

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I thought i included a pic of my bike when i posted, how should i go about doing that if i do not have a URL for my pic?

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
MrSpeed636 said:
Thanks guys, I thought i included a pic of my bike when i posted, how should i go about doing that if i do not have a URL for my pic?
If it's a file, then scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and point to the file on your PC or to a link when/if you have it.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
:vrod: :welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome: :vrod:

Nice looking bike.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Welcome!! Another set of Rineharts 2-2 back on the street.... Do you know where the wheels came from?

HoldHard

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Welcome thats one of the nicest looking 02's I've seen looks great

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
MrSpeed636 said:
ok lets see if this works :lamer:
Nice bike and the best color too!! :notworth: :)

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Nice bike! Welcome to VRF! The only thing I can think of if the foot peg is getting a weird vibration is that it may be loose. Take an allen wrench and pull the peg off to check the threads, make sure it isn't crossthreaded or boogered up in any way. Locktite (blue) the threads and tighten back up until just past snug. Let it set up for a couple hours (if you can wait that long) then go for at least a three hour test ride to make sure any vibration is eliminated.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts