Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, but not to harleys.

My names Chris, I live in Northeast Ohio.

I've been riding since 03. I bought an 03 883R for my first bike, sold that and bought a 05 883L. My uncle passed away a year and a half ago, and I started riding his 90 electra glide classic and sold my sportster. I like the bike, but its not what I want to ride daily..

My wife's been wanting a V-rod since we got together, she doesnt like the big dresser. Anyhow. Were now looking at buying a V-rod. I just cant decide on the model. I'm still educating myself on all the differences.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome. Test ride a few and buy the one you like best.

·
Finn
466 Posts
welcome to the coolest forum on the net.
Peace and happy hunting,
Finn

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FINNS VROD said:
welcome to the coolest forum on the net.
Peace and happy hunting,
Finn

it isnt a jeep Forum, but its a close 2nd:D

This the most information on the V-Rod. Thats why I'm here.

I do know already, I dont want the R model, I like forward controls and its sits a little high for me.
hamletexpress said:
hamletexpress Educate away, buy one, and congradulations to the wife! Welcome!
she said she's going to ride the V-rod and I'll be stuck with the dresser:banghead:

thanks for the welcome

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
:welcome: if I were shopping for a bike I'd go for either an older "A" model the anodized ones or a newer DX the cool black one :thumb: that's just my :2cents:

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Pigonaharley said:
it isnt a jeep Forum, but its a close 2nd:D

This the most information on the V-Rod. Thats why I'm here.

I do know already, I dont want the R model, I like forward controls and its sits a little high for me.

she said she's going to ride the V-rod and I'll be stuck with the dresser:banghead:

thanks for the welcome
I was giving congrats to your wife for her taste in motorcycles, and you are welcome. Willie G said it best, "vROOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

and yeah, you are stuck carrying the luggage.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Welcome! Best bet is to take test/demo rides. If you are keeping the dresser and riding both together, you will probably want to opt for a newer one with the bigger fuel tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lakedrunk said:
:welcome: if I were shopping for a bike I'd go for either an older "A" model the anodized ones or a newer DX the cool black one :thumb: that's just my :2cents:
whats special about the olderr "A" models?

I know I want one with the 240 back tire, year doesnt matter really, as long as it has lower miles

I just cant believe how cheap some of the V-rods are going for now..

thumbsupracing said:
Welcome! Best bet is to take test/demo rides. If you are keeping the dresser and riding both together, you will probably want to opt for a newer one with the bigger fuel tank.
She talks big, but she's never rode before, all though she would look damn good riding.. :)

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
:wazzup: Where abouts are you in ohio..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts