Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I ran with the same stock seat for over a year, switched to the sundowner, it was better but still not to my liking and finally got my hands on the Corbin, best purchase I think I made. I've ridden 1000 Mi in 24 hrs. once and have many 650 mile days, that wasn't possible on either of the previous two seats. The back rest made all the difference for me. Keep looking they still popup now and again.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I ran with the same stock seat for over a year, switched to the sundowner, it was better but still not to my liking and finally got my hands on the Corbin, best purchase I think I made. I've ridden 1000 Mi in 24 hrs. once and have many 650 mile days, that wasn't possible on either of the previous two seats. The back rest made all the difference for me. Keep looking they still popup now and again.
Seats are definitely subjective. My experience with Corbin seats on a VROD was the exact opposite of yours. I couldn't get it off of the bike quick enough. It was probably the worst seat of any seat I have ever had on anything. Everyone's ass is different though. Like you, I've done many 600+ mile days on the VROD. But with a Sundowner. It has worked well for me. I've also done many Iron Butt rides. But on a Goldwing. I would bet that if you took a poll on guys who have had a Corbin on a VROD. 90% of them hated it. Several threads on this forum stating just that. The backrest is nice. But Utopia makes backrest for all of the OEM VROD seats. And they are 10 times the quality of the Corbin backrest. They feel flimsy to me. I recently bought another Goldwing. It has a Corbin on it. With a Utopia backrest. Much to my surprise. I love it! It isn't as good as a Russel Day long seat But it isn't far from it. But that's a Goldwing. The worst thing about Corbin's on a VROD. Or any aftermarket seat for that matter. Is the price. OEM seats are half the price. When you can get them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts