Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 V-Rod Night Rod Special
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am picking up my new (to me) 2011 V-Rod Night Rod Special Today, since they launched I have always wanted one but living in South Africa, they don't come on the market too often. I have been riding since I was knee-high to a grasshopper (PW50), got MX out of my system by the time I was 18 and started my road bike career on GSXR750.

I have owned some of the most iconic bikes that existed and finally got my first Harley (Dyna Low Rider) three years ago.

I have been scanning the forum for a while now and since I am finally a V-Rod owner, I am looking forward to participating in some of the discussions. Anyone else from Sunny South Africa, give me a shout and we can talk about best places to source parts here in the butt-crack of the world.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to 1130cc forums and yes a great place to find tons of info.

Great looking bike you're going to love the Night Rod. All but making u-turns! LOL
While I am told this, I must note that while giving a test ride, the u-turn ability is dramatically better than my Low Rider.

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
184 Posts
While I am told this, I must note that while giving a test ride, the u-turn ability is dramatically better than my Low Rider.
Really on a stock low rider front end?
I can u-turn a road king, low rider, softail custom in a single lane. My Night Rod I need a football field! LOL Well at least two BIG lanes VERY slowly, three or four lanes I'm happy. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really on a stock low rider front end?
I can u-turn a road king, low rider, softail custom in a single lane. My Night Rod I need a football field! LOL Well at least two BIG lanes VERY slowly, three or four lanes I'm happy. :)
Turns out I do need an extra movement to reverse park my new bike, also turns out my clutch arm got weak on the Low Rider, but loving the new bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I am picking up my new (to me) 2011 V-Rod Night Rod Special Today, since they launched I have always wanted one but living in South Africa, they don't come on the market too often. I have been riding since I was knee-high to a grasshopper (PW50), got MX out of my system by the time I was 18 and started my road bike career on GSXR750.

I have owned some of the most iconic bikes that existed and finally got my first Harley (Dyna Low Rider) three years ago.

I have been scanning the forum for a while now and since I am finally a V-Rod owner, I am looking forward to participating in some of the discussions. Anyone else from Sunny South Africa, give me a shout and we can talk about best places to source parts here in the butt-crack of the world.
View attachment 609182
welcome aboard friend! That's a beautiful ride. Mine is a 2007 DX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts