Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. I am a new '06 nightrod owner that lives in Southeastern Washington state. I never thought I would be a Harley owner. Never really cared for them. I was looking at the Yamaha FZ1 as being my first bike but had a change of heart when I saw a V-rod ad. Thought that looked like one nice bike. Started doing alittle reseach on it, and had the opportunity to test ride one at the local HD dealership. Goodbye FZ, V-rod has taken over. Three days ago I picked up my V-rod and have kind of been in the clouds ever since. It is parked just out my office window and I find myself just staring at that beauty.

I have seen a few posts from members talking about how people come up to admire. That is a really cool feeling. At lunch today I pulled into the Mc D's and found a spot right by the front door. As I was taking off my helmet, an ol' lady and her little Grandson came out. They came over and were admiring my bike. The Lady says to her grandson, "Do you like that motocycle? That is a Harley. Thats the kind Grandma used to ride along time ago." Then she started asking me all kinds of questions about it and different types of HD bikes. That was kind of cool.

The first day I had it, I stopped at a gas station and the attendant made some comment about it being a rocket on wheels. With out skipping a beat I told him "Not quite, it needs 5 more horsepower before NASA will certify it as a rocket." I dont think he realized I was joking right away cuz his jaw just dropped.

Well, just had to say Hi and gloat away about how excited I am about this bike. Look forward to getting to know you all

Bob

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome, If thats your bike in your avatar those are the original skins off my bike. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh cool. They could be. Bought the bike from Fatbrothers. It is the reason I bought it. I like the deep red color. Did you get them from HD that color or did you have it custom? I have been looking for sometime and have not been able to find a good red colored V-Rod.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
ragbagz said:
Oh cool. They could be. Bought the bike from Fatbrothers. It is the reason I bought it. I like the deep red color. Did you get them from HD that color or did you have it custom? I have been looking for sometime and have not been able to find a good red colored V-Rod.
They were the stock tins off my bike when it was new, kinda cool they went from the east coast to the west coast.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is. Those tins have really traveled. From PA to Southern CA to WA. I was just checkin out your gallery. They look like they were yours. What did you replace them with?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
ragbagz said:
Yeah it is. Those tins have really traveled. From PA to Southern CA to WA. I was just checkin out your gallery. They look like they were yours. What did you replace them with?
First it was a set of the racing orange ones, then it was the annodized ones, and now it is the carbon fiber ones. I still have the 02 annodized ones though, can't get rid of them because they look really good on it too. All the diiferent skins on the bike are in my gallery.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spaz said:
First it was a set of the racing orange ones, then it was the annodized ones, and now it is the carbon fiber ones. I still have the 02 annodized ones though, can't get rid of them because they look really good on it too. All the diiferent skins on the bike are in my gallery.
Thought it looked like the same bike with different tins. Are the tins pretty easy to change out? Where do you find different ones?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Yes, I can change tins in about 20 mins, tins can be found here in the forums and on ebay.

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Welcome. I'm amazed at all the attention the bike gets when I'm riding it. It's very crowded now where I live due to the beach tourism (south Alabama) and people look at the bike like they've never seen anything like it. I have to say that I've ridden quite a few miles already & have only seen one other vrod on the roads. I'm glad, it's kind of neat to be a little unique. I couldn't count all the Harley baggers I see in a day.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
:vrodforu: :kaz:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
1,738 Posts
Welcome, and when you are in the Puget Sound area, post up in advance and maybe we can join you up with a group ride. Liquid Silver rides with us a lot, and he comes from the Tri Cities.

Fred

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
V-Fred said:
Welcome, and when you are in the Puget Sound area, post up in advance and maybe we can join you up with a group ride. Liquid Silver rides with us a lot, and he comes from the Tri Cities.

Fred

Thanks Fred. I dont head that way very often, but next time I will keep you in mind.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

1 - 20 of 34 Posts