Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and happy holiday's to all of you. I would like to take a moment to introduce myself "DH" & my gf "Brenda" to your group. Brenda and I both ride custom HD Dyna Wide Glides, but own a V-rod that we use for parts manufacturing. Sorry but I'm too tall for the V-rod, lol. Hopefully some of you have had a moment to check out our website americancustompaint.com
We have a couple of customers already in your group, but if any of you find yourself with questions regarding paint please feel free to email us and we will do our best to provide you with a detailed answer. Otherwise we enjoy the pics & post and look forward to meeting some of you. DH

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Max

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
TOO TALL?.... I'm 6.6 and just luving it, almost 8000 miles on her.. You might need some forward controls, seat and bars. but too tall ?NO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 6'8" used to be 6'9" getting old. Problem seems to be my leg/sleeve length, lol. I always feel bound up on the bike. But I'm constantly looking here for new product info. So who knows maybe in the future. Plus it took me two years to build that tall DWG Custom. DH

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
LOL I feel like a midget at 6'3" :)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: Shorty!;)

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
These are 100 mm close to 4 out, they're from Ride inn.com
Sorry everyone thread driffffffftttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Alright Greg, why don't we have those pictures posted in the gallery? Nice pics.

Max

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to order a set thanks for the information. See already you guys have been very helpful to us hopefully we can return the favor in the future. DH

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Shorty,
Thats why were here!;)

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I can't imagine being 6'6" or more and riding a V-Rod. I'm 5'11" with pretty long legs and arms (34" & 34") and needed to install drag bars (lower, forward and wider) to feel comfortable. I let my buddy, 6"5' take it for a ride and he looked VERY silly on it.

Oh and welcome! :)

John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
try a 39" sleeve and inseem. I had to stretch my dyna frame 6" in body lenth and add custom 4" forward controls in order to get my legs out in front of me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts