Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is pasadenajim.

I do not own a V-Rod. However, I have a sincere interest in the model and the future success of the engine. I believe the future of the MoCo rides on the VRSC engine. I first road a V-Rod at the MoCo demo rides at Sturgis in 2001. I said to myself: wow, this engine is great!:) I've been a fan of the engine since my introduction. In my case, I'd like to see the engine installed in a touring platform. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be awhile before my dream is reality. :( In the mean time, I'll continue to be a supporter of the VRSC line.

I've been riding over 25 years. Road H/Ds for over a decade. The girlfriend still has a H/D in the garage. I grew tired of waiting for the MoCo to put an adapted VRSC engine in a touring package, so I purchased a 1800 Gold Wing. Don't call the 1800 "an old man's bike". The Wing rides like a sports bike through corners and makes 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, giving me my little bit of V-Rod spirit. :diablo:

I'm an admin or moderator on several Internet sites, and a member on scores of others. Some of you may know me from the VTF. I know some of you from other sites and I've even met a few of you IRL. I won't be posting here often, but I'll check in now and then. I look forward to hearing the latest V-Rod gossip. And I look forward to news about the engine being adapted to a touring platform. :biker:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:welcome:

I agree that the company needs to expand the use of this engine! A buddy of mine has a FatBoy but wouls love to have my engine in it. Again, welcome...

-Bry

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Hey Jim - Welcome. Most of us found our way here from your site. And a few of us have done our best to convert the V-Rod into a touring machine (ie: Geezer Glide).

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Good Luck in Adding a V-Rod to your Stable :D

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Welcome. I'm new at this site too, but really enjoying the site & appreciating the people & info here. You are right about the Revolution motor, it is great, but give the bike a chance. It won't tour like a Wing, but with the right set-up it is not bad either. By comparing other member's listed equipment to mine it is obvious that many of us have similar goals & there is more I can do. The MoCo will continue to offer changes. The motor is really rev happy, which is fine, but I wouldn't mind more low end torque. I wonder whether they might alter transmission gear ratios instead of the front pulley when the six speed tranny comes out. (I learned about the six speed on this site.) Keep riding safe!

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Welcome Jim. I have read your posts at the VTF. Good to see you over here.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome Jim. Thanks for the formal introduction.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: Jim!
Tell your other Half also to come over we have some Great V-Rod Gals that she would fit in perfectly with!;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Super Kaz said:
:welcome: Jim!
Tell your other Half also to come over we have some Great V-Rod Gals that she would fit in perfectly with!;)
Kaz, as you know, Lisa talks and talks and talks...in person. She doesn't post much. Anywhere. I'm not sure why. I just can't convince her to do it. I tell her about the invitation. She's ridden the V-Rod so she has her own opinions of the bike.

Thanks to all of you for the greetings. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome Jim. There is nothing like practise. Get a vrod so by the time the motor is adapted for bagger use, you will have quite a bit of experience allowing you to adapt for bagger use. Chances are you may not want a bagger after owning a rod. LOL.
Cheers Derek

1 - 15 of 15 Posts