Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first post, will be get a 03 vrod on Wed, it has 7400 miles on it and does have a small oil leak (looks to be coming from the drain plug or the pan poss the wires in that area). I want to get the oil changed and possibly all the fluids changed. I am purchasing it (don't laugh) a pawn shop, yea i know taken a chance but I have started it and will ride it b4 I get it but was wondering what all I should do to it as far as the oild change? and when I change it should I go to synthic? if so what type?
PS I think I got a good deal...... $6800 out the door.
Has windshield,leather bags, engine gaurd, chrome controls and button covers, chrome belt covers, chrome pegs, chrome water hose, and screaming eagle pipes that look like the vance and hines ones???? they say SC on them?????:dance:

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
:vrodforu:

I'm surprised a chorus of "Amsoil" hasn't erupted. Among forum members, it's the preferred synthetic oil. Private message Ken (o2man98). He'll get you squared away. The engine oil and gear oil are the same. A lot of guys on here get their cooling systems flushed on the older bikes.

As far as the oil leak goes, figure out exactly where it's coming from. Then use the search function. A lot of the early bikes had issues with oil leaking from the stator cover. These problems are well documented and the fixes are usually relatively easy. I don't know if you plan on changing the oil yourself, but you might want to fix this leak while your at it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy that A model. I've put 15k on mine since I purchased it two years ago and absolutely love it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts