Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2009 Night Rod from a dealer here in Michigan. Have loved these bikes since they first came out. I have a few questions I am hoping that you guys can help with. Anything will help :)

• I have a Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Comp exhaust in brushed finish, is it weird that i want it traded out for an all black exhaust or is this one of the better exhausts out there?
  • I found a Fuel Pak which the dealer did not know about. Whats the best way to understand what tune is inside the system and what modifications have been done to the bike? (I'm worried about going to the gas station if its tuned for a specific fuel octane?)
  • The brake master cylinder and clutch master caps both leak, is there a "best known" cover to fix these? I've researched this is common?
  • You can see someone customized this with a very angry pig on the side of the intake tank, anyone got any advice on how to get rid of this beautiful mural?
  • Is there any adjustment in the rear suspension? Any links to how to set it up for a 200# rider?
e that I cannot see?
-

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nothing wrong with wanting to switch out exhaust. Your bike = your choice.
V&H is a very popular pipe..... but loud...
I'm not familiar with the Fuel Pak personally, Check with V&H website, you might be able to tell what map is installed. I an going to "assume" that the only mod was exhaust and maybe air filter(not that it really matters) because of the Fuel Pak. Any internal mods(cams, motor build) and the bike would probably have been dynoed or an Auto tune and ECM Flashed and not use a Fuel Pak. Just assuming here though.
Use high octane fuel.
Master cylinders get tightened too much and the gasket squishes and bulges causing leaks. replace gaskets and tighten lightly, just until snug.
Rear shocks have spring preset adjustment but no dampening or rebound adjustment. You should see a stepped collar holding the spring, you can turn it with a tool for adjustment.
The Pig........... well...... you are on your own there..;)
btw... get a HD shop manual... a must have..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts