Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for the past year for a 2007 VRSCR and finally came across one unmolested. Everything is original and only has around 5,000 miles so i stoked! Let the mods begin :dance:

·
NSFW
1,983 Posts
Looks good!!!

·
gRRR
239 Posts
looks black ;-)

so what are your plans?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Needs wheels! Congrats! Joe

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks black ;-)

so what are your plans?
To ruin a perfectly fine machine with a 300 kit and slam it:angeldev:

Actually my mod list includes: wheels, exhaust, grips, seat, maybe suspension, and some cosmetic goodies.

·
Registered
155 Posts
thats purdy!!! i like the forks and air box cover....

·
Bad ride inside
503 Posts
nice pick!!!!

·
Mess with the best
25 Posts
Brother - that suspension has got to go.. I can see all the way to Cleveland thru the gap in that rear fender .. :barf:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't get rid of the awesome suspension!!! You'll ruin it's lean angle .. and if you live in europe you will be driven nuts by all the speedbumps since you can race over them with the original suspension and the aftermarket crap will make you bottom uit.

ow and the seating hight is way better for driving haaard :).

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
DONT LOWER IT !

Here is my recipe for the R. Install a True-Track linkage before you do anything else. I makes the biggest single improvement in it's handling.
Second, install a Race Tech Gold Valve in the left fork leg (the right leg is a "slave" and has no valving) and Race Tech springs in both legs.
Last, have Pierre Vailencourt at Works Performance make a pair of rebound damping adjustable Aluminum Street Tracker shocks with threaded pre-load adjustment and have him make them 1/2 inch longer than stock. Then go riding and enjoy the bike. It will handle and ride wonderfully.

·
Asatruar
2,935 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
FYI---2007 Street Rods came with blacked out spokes & fork tubes from the factory.

So yes;those are original.
Correct. '07's also all came with black powder coat frame, satin black handlebars and instrument clamshell, vivid black radiator shrouds and black wrinkle finish engine cases and cylinder heads.

Such beautiful bikes ....................

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Orange one was our last project bike that we just sold a few months ago. The Streetrod is my personal bike. Just ordered a black CFR exhaust so that will be my first mod besides PM grips.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts