Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i just purchased a v-rod and it had a crash bar on it. i removed the bars and cross brace but i can't get the pegs off to remove the mount from in side the shifter/brake assembly. any help would be great thanks in advance. AL

·
Registered
223 Posts
there shold be a set screw inside of the inner square piece that hold the peg from sliding off...You got to look inside it's an Allen screw. Good luck What R- ya gonna do with the crash bars?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crash bars

there shold be a set screw inside of the inner square piece that hold the peg from sliding off...You got to look inside it's an Allen screw. Good luck What R- ya gonna do with the crash bars?

When i get the crash bars off i will sell them i have no need for them.
i just went outside. im sure they are aftermarket pegs but there is no allen screw. the pegs are smooth. it looks like the only way to get them off is to use a breaker bar.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
There may be a smooth plug in the end of them that will expose a hex nut inside? Maybe!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Post a picture so we can see what you are talking about.

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
Nice WRX (in the last pic). I've always wanted a turbo Subie, but my Legacy is paid off and I like not having to pay for premium gas/insurance. Oh and nice V too!

And :vrodforu:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
subie

Nice WRX (in the last pic). I've always wanted a turbo Subie, but my Legacy is paid off and I like not having to pay for premium gas/insurance. Oh and nice V too!

And :vrodforu:

thanks its an awsome car i just went to stage 2 360hp is nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts