Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went by the dealer to pick up my 07DX, and got a look at my 08 DX that's there for some mods and tuning etc. it's lookin sweet and almost done. :dance: only 1000 miles on it, and it has a 5 yr extended warranty.

they did have an issue tuning it with the new RH 2-1 plus quiet baffle (from v-mod). bike still has a weird bark/chirp at the low end when you hit the throttle. they're going to have to take it back apart but not sure how much they can do with the quiet baffle welded in. i'm starting to regret the baffle. it sounds like total crap right now, i would'nt even ride it around like that.

running well though otherwise, about 110hp/78tq right now. and they've said their dyno is stingy. saw the printout, it looks good. will post the map up in the map files section, after they get it right.

i'll just hope they can work it out, they're pretty good. maybe get it back by thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Dean
775 Posts
Looks good!

Are those 440s the stock height?

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, they're 12.5in 440's. i think they're cranked all the way down though

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh, i think he might buy it if he doesn't end up liking that duc diavel so called "cruiser"

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup! tested it out already, and it works pretty damn well. i understand why others don't like that feature, but for me it's just peace of mind.

·
Dean
775 Posts
yup! tested it out already, and it works pretty damn well. i understand why others don't like that feature, but for me it's just peace of mind.
I have an 08 AW....and I wish it had ABS for peace of mind as well.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, he apparently likes the DX. maybe because denim isn't "real" paint

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
went by the dealer to pick up my 07DX, and got a look at my 08 DX that's there for some mods and tuning etc. it's lookin sweet and almost done. :dance: only 1000 miles on it, and it has a 5 yr extended warranty.

they did have an issue tuning it with the new RH 2-1 plus quiet baffle (from v-mod). bike still has a weird bark/chirp at the low end when you hit the throttle. they're going to have to take it back apart but not sure how much they can do with the quiet baffle welded in. i'm starting to regret the baffle. it sounds like total crap right now, i would'nt even ride it around like that.

running well though otherwise, about 110hp/78tq right now. and they've said their dyno is stingy. saw the printout, it looks good. will post the map up in the map files section, after they get it right.

i'll just hope they can work it out, they're pretty good. maybe get it back by thanksgiving.
Nice. It looks like the 08 has a few mods already done and too many to count. You've been busy. :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Lookin good, Dan!!!

Time to ride ( NOT IN SHORTS!!!!).

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Crow, what pulley is that ?? I need 1 of those, looks great !!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pondo machined it and Abi striped it. not sure if Pondo is still doing them

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
That is the best looking 1 I've seen yet !! Haven't heard much from Pondo lately. I'll keep looking, thanks

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not sure he's still making em, I know he had some problems machining them. one he made me broke before this one. more pics of it soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts