Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up an 05 in orange with 23,000 miles and it looks almost showroom condition. i've replaced brake and hydraulic clutch fluid, cleaned the air filter, and have tires that should be coming in in a couple of days. I am planning on using balancing beads and getting rid of the ugly wheel weights. It came with a power commander and a dyno sheet that shows 120hp and 84 torque. Does that sound about right? Everything looks to be pretty much stock and from the reading I've done so far there are not a lot of performance mods to do. Maybe a little tweaking of the air cleaner? The guy I bought it from was about 50 lbs lighter than me, but on the short test drive I thought the shocks seemed pretty stiff. I'll release some of the preload but am open to other thoughts. Any other general suggestions for a new owner? I'm chomping at the bit to get the new tires on so I can get out and ride!!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
how do I post a picture? Are there directions somewhere. My tech skills are not good!!
In the reply to message section you will see a paperclip at the top of the box (next to the white smiley face). Click on that and another window will open up, click on the browse button and navigate to where your pic is. Then press upload. It then looks like nothing has happened but if you go back and click the paperclip again you will see your pic(file name) Simple!:)

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Pretty bike. :D I would go with some nice high-end rear shocks that a you can fully tune. Maybe some Ohlins for it. I would stay away from all of those shocks that only give you 5 different setting on them.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
One of the most beautiful and capable bikes H-D EVER made ! Build me the same exact bike in the same color in a R model spec frame ( painted red :) with the mid pegs and I would be doing a happy dance forever and ever ! That is one great bike, a real true KEEPER !! Enjoy her !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the tires on and went out for about 40 miles. Pretty fun!! I'd really like to get it into some curvy roads. Probably won't mess with suspension until I get more time on the bike. I've got some Bitubos and Progressive fst asymetricals coming in for the Limited and if I like them may consider them for the rod. I'm starting to realize i buy a new-to-me bike just to play with things!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.