Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put money down today and the wife went to bed early so I didn't even get to tell her... Tomorrow will be interesting lol.

I posted details in the General forum but after looking at a few bikes I kept going back to the V-rod.

So help me out... Foot pegs!!! This thing has the cheapest looking crappy pegs Harley could get their hands on.. Where is a good souce for some nicer quality pegs?

I has Samson exhaust and it looks like an after market air filter but the sales guy didn't know if it has a controller. Where do you hide a controller on these things? He is getting a mechanic to check it out but I would hope that something was done. She didn't pop or seem to run lean during the test drive. The bike felt a little small to me but after riding it I quickly appreciated how nimble and responsive the bike was.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I,m going to purchace the AVON grips pegs and shift peg for my DX. Nice quality at a decent price. Soooo much to choose from!

http://avongrips.com/shop/categories/Motorsports/V-Twin/

I will buy them from my local shop as his prices are the same as on line shopping most of the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will swing by the stealership before I order anything. Hell I might make my own on the lathe and mill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking B... I bought the Harley chrome with flames pegs for my B front and rear. They look great and I get tonnes of compliments, Good luck.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
I would look inside the airbox or around the battery for your tuner (if it has one). The tuners are connected to the wiring harness on the front left side (has a large connector about 3" long) you could trace it out from. Too many pegs to choose from. Go with what you are comfortable with..

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
absolutely beautiful bike. welcome!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Great looking B... I bought the Harley chrome with flames pegs for my B front and rear. They look great and I get tonnes of compliments, Good luck.
Ditto on the flame grips and pegs!:moped:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Well what they say about permission or forgiveness is wrong. If you don't ask permission you will never get forgiveness... good luck with that conversation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure what happened with your purchase but this is the bike I bought about two weeks ago. Sure of it because of the scrape on the exhaust. Did you take the bike back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts