Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'03 VRSCA parts sale
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Keep running across this forum so I figured I better join up to get to know you all!

I just bought my first Harley and it's a project bike that I'm going to slowly rebuild in my garage. It was a salvage auction win, and it was in a front end collision.

Main parts it needs are fork tubes, radiator, oil cooler, handle bar.

I opened the air box for the first time yesterday and to my surprise, there were green paint balls (intact) in there.... about a dozen. Don't ask me how paint balls get into a bike's air box...

I bought it sight unseen, so I took a huge risk on the motor. Could have been seized up for all I knew. So I was VERY relieved that it turned over under it's own power!

I'm looking for some suggestions on some of the better suppliers of parts for this one. Big, main parts (it already has all the chrome and custom accessories).

Looking forward to posting and getting to know many of you here!

(In the front shot from the auction house, the handle bar was not broken. When it arrived on the truck yesterday, it was. The rear picture is in my garage.)

Attachments

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
:welcome:

That looks like it is going to be one hell of a nice bike when its finished. Looks like it had quite a lot of work done to it at some point (based on powder coated frame). Good luck with the rebuild - this forum is definitely the place to get any information you need on vrods. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here.

Keep us posted on the build.

·
'03 VRSCA parts sale
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes!

Peeled a few more layers back tonight and need a few more parts. I'll be scouring the classifieds section here for the next few weeks.

Front upper fork tubes (2)
Radiator and oil cooler and all connected lines/hoses/fans (1)
Front lower right (from sitting on bike) frame section
Upper and lower speedometer cluster trim covers
stock or pulled back handlebars

All for 2003 VRSCA

Again, thanks for the kind welcomes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts