Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum - have been hangin' out at others for awhile so I know some of the members. Beleive it or not I had to get Kaz's assistaqnce to get signed up here - he is famous for his computing skills :) - He suggested that I take some time to introduce myself.. I thought that I would begin like many by showing a picture of my V-Rod, as it is my pride and joy - -( Now let's see if I can post a picture - KAZ........)
Kevin

Attachments

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A second look

As you can see it is in the shop to have a little work done. Besides its normak street duties I also race it during the warm months - it is in for its winter check up. The picture below is what it looks like when I am playing with it in stead of when my sponsor is having his way with it....

Attachments

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey John - how have you been - I hope that the winter is more fun were you are - this seems likre a great forum - even has girls - I noticed that you two actuallty met live and in person - I saw the pics - thanks for the welcome Val.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Are they doing repairs or upgrades in your first picture?

Max

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10,000 mile check - more chrome(calipers, speedometer housing, fork sliders, swing arm, etc), new tires, diamond cut the heads, it will be all chrome except the frame basically. Putting a newly developed chrome electric shift by Pingel.

·
2,552 Posts
kspz3 said:
10,000 mile check - more chrome(calipers, speedometer housing, fork sliders, swing arm, etc), new tires, diamond cut the heads, it will be all chrome except the frame basically. Putting a newly developed chrome electric shift by Pingel.
kspz3,

:welcome:

Can you tell us more about the chrome electric shift by Pingel?
Which one and why.

Please view this thread. http://www.v-rodforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1646&highlight=pingel

Again Welcome Aboard

·
Registered
587 Posts
hello kevin, I thinks you might be needing one of our extra wide vented airboxes to get more air directly into your engine with all that racing your up to. DH " product plug, lol"

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank - check it out here.
http://www.pingelonline.com/what's_new.htm#ALL_ELECTRIC_UP/DOWN_SHIFTER
Similar to airshift but without bottle - this one will upshift and downshift - although downshifting is meaningless to me as I am using it for racing. should cut .2 to .3 seconds off of ET - but more importantly it should add to consistency - no shifting variation. I will use a custom mounting setup (in line with the shift linkage in the small triangle) instead of the Pingel setup on the frame downtubes. I chose this because I do not like the bottles for airshifters nor the upkeep. It is new so we will have to see how well it works - but Pingel puts out good products and they have been working on this onee for awhile now - and the one VP there that was invovcled with the development has a VRod.
Kevin

·
2,552 Posts
kspz3 said:
Frank - check it out here.
http://www.pingelonline.com/what's_new.htm#ALL_ELECTRIC_UP/DOWN_SHIFTER
Similar to airshift but without bottle - this one will upshift and downshift - although downshifting is meaningless to me as I am using it for racing. should cut .2 to .3 seconds off of ET - but more importantly it should add to consistency - no shifting variation. I will use a custom mounting setup (in line with the shift linkage in the small triangle) instead of the Pingel setup on the frame downtubes. I chose this because I do not like the bottles for airshifters nor the upkeep. It is new so we will have to see how well it works - but Pingel puts out good products and they have been working on this onee for awhile now - and the one VP there that was invovcled with the development has a VRod.
Kevin
kspz3

Please keep me posted on the shifter.

The airbox cover pic attached.

Ozzy can spray chrome them to look like chrome.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Kevin,
My friend Your Gonna Love This Place! ;)
Welcome.:cool:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
kspz3, from what I have seen on your posts at "other forums :) , you Kaz and Ketsugo, amongst others, will have lots of hard core drag stuff to yack about! Good to see you over here. The more migrants, the less I have to surf both forums! (selfish bastard that I am...)

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
kspz3 said:
Hey John - how have you been - I hope that the winter is more fun were you are - this seems likre a great forum - even has girls - I noticed that you two actuallty met live and in person - I saw the pics - thanks for the welcome Val.
Women, can you believe it Kevin? And she's VERY good looking to boot! And get this, she is actually setting me up with her oldest daughter who is ALMOST as attractive as she is!

I've been good my friend. Yea, winter here is pretty mild. I get all pissy when it's in the 50's. I rode today and froze my ass off. It was 58° but the wind was blowing 22+ mph. Now, believe it or not, that's COLD for here. I'm planning on doing the 80" Wiseco kit, but I don't want to do it until I find the right cams. No NOS or blowers for me as I'm into sleepers. Once again Kevin, it's GREAT to have you here.

John

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John - 1st - you absolutely must quit whining about 58 degrees or a we will have to hurt you :) 2nd - regarding those woman on this board - how about that KBOlsen - she is a knee dragger - scarey type those knee draggers - they turn in the middle of a race and let a mess of them on the track at the same time - scares me just watching - I am a one trick pony - following the straight and narrow. Of course Kaz used to do that turning thing with a duck or two - the best is his one wheel drag race on that duck - he has a picture in the gallery - his riding skills are a bit beyond mine - I like to keep both wheels on the ground when I run, Maybe I can find a chrome cup holder that mounts on the handlebars - soft launch, take a sip of coffee, light up a smoke and eventually get to the end of the track - oh, I am getting old. I passed on the big bore this year - not enough development time on the things yet - I have to get ready to defend last years final standings as the competition will be gunning for the VRod - so I can not afford to much experimenting. But 2005 - maybe we will do a low 10/high 9 setup.... but then again,,,, maybe stick with the chrome cup holder idea - My two sons are going to start on on a sporster this year - once we get them going maybe build that engine to take them into the elevens - then maybe start quickening the VRod - I wish SE would put out a sett of cams for this thing. I am seriously considering the TT exhaust set-up. I wish Sam would incorporate some of the comments that we had on the other board (multiple silencers, upswept, chrome, heat shields....) The airbox cover is sharp - does it work - or just for appearance. Frank - I will post pics and report back whenever we get the shifter setup. It has to be together by the end of the months for the "World of Wheels" show and a local cable show interview that is being scheduled. Hopefully it all will go back together.... I am also adding chrome BT air shocks (btmfg.com) and progressive springs @ 1" lower that I picked up from Steve at VMod. We will see how that all works out. Karl - what part of Australia are you originally from - I spent some time there (Sydney) a few years back.
Kevin

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Yes indeed we have Quite the Diverse group with a Few Pretty Cool Ladies mixed in to keep us on our Toes!
;) :cool:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Kevin, born and bred in BrisVegas. I get to Sydney all the time for work and pleasure. Great city, lots of action and naturally beautiful (some of the best coastal riding in the world IMHO), but it's a bitch to live there full time after being here. Hard to get around, traffic, real estate is just plain ridiculously expensive (as is everything else) etc. Typical big big city. Fun place, but you need lotsa cash to make it livable. Brisbane is big enough (one point 5 million last count, not including the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba etc all about an hours drive away) to offer heaps of opportunity, but still be easy to live in.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Karl - I loved Sydney, had an apartment at birkinghead point - right on the harbor. Never made it up the Gold Coast. Went to NZ after 4 or 5 months in Aus. Great rugby between the two countries. Never drove in Sydney - that left side thing had me worried - but picked it up in NZ - wasn't as bad as I expected.
Kim, we need to get you out on the drag strip some time on the VRod - you may find it an entertaining way to spend an afternoon. AHDRA events in Norwalk and Indianapolis.
Kevin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts