Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode for 8 years back in the 80s, quit for a few decades and then started riding again last summer on an old (but immaculate) 1980 Suzuki GS850G.

Now I'm ready for a bigger bike, and the Night Rod Special is on my short list along with various Dynas.

I mostly enjoy sport touring, though I've been known to do some serious distance.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Going to test the Night Rod special later this morning.

Here is my current ride, which will possibly hit the classifieds when I get the new one.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,396 Posts
Cool ride - my friend had one a long time ago and I used to take it for a spin every now and then...

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool ride - my friend had one a long time ago and I used to take it for a spin every now and then...
Thanks. I do love it, but only have room for one bike. Also, the wife is buying me the new one to get rid of the old one, as she is always nervous about some 31-year-old part breaking while I'm 500 miles from home.

Now the hard part, Night Rod Special or Superglide Custom....

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome!
Nice Suzi. I had a 1981 GS80GT. Fast bike for it's time.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its quick for its age, and handles better than a 31-year-old bike should. I still love to ride it, but there is always something needing attention.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
once you ride the night rod you wont have any problem saying goodbye to the suzuki
Just got back from my test ride. After all of about 3 seconds, I put down a deposit.

Now the long wait for delivery (sort of lay away/cash deal), June 10 its mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts