Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys about to pull the trigger on a new set of Metzlers from Biker Bandit, the have the set including a 260 rear for 430.69 is that a good deal & has anyone had an issue with putting going with 260 over the 240?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought a set of metzelers with a 260 rear today for $407.45 from http://www.americanmototire.com

This will be my second set and i have had no problem with them. The 260 is awesome. I got about 6000 miles out of the set. I am going with the dynabeads this time for balancing and getting the rims powder coated vivid black.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have never done the tires myself, i had a harley cert mechanic do them last time. Is swapping the tires on the rims something that i could do myself? and if so what kind of special tools will i need?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have just paid $725 AUD for a set of Continental Race Attacks.....Land of Oz home the tax us out of existence party!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have never done the tires myself, i had a harley cert mechanic do them last time. Is swapping the tires on the rims something that i could do myself? and if so what kind of special tools will i need?
A good jack and something heavy to jack against to break the tire bead. I use a HiLift jack and my reciever hitch on the back of my truck. A piece of plywood with something to protect the wheel during bead breaking ops. Then for tire tools I use these http://www.stubbytiretools.com/. Just don't try and over muscle the tire on or off with them. Ensure you use a good lube, Dawn dish soap and water is my preferred lube. Just when putting the tire back on ensure you do not get any moisture in the tire if using Dyna Beads. Just try and keep things dry as best as possible.

On and off for both is about an hour.....good to have a second hand.

A bike jack helps a bunch also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Finally got the rims back from powder coating and got it all put back together. It seems really sluggish now with turning. Is this just because the tires are new? I did put dyna beads in wheels also. Even just weaving back and forth in my lane is a bit of a chore now. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Hey guys about to pull the trigger on a new set of Metzlers from Biker Bandit, the have the set including a 260 rear for 430.69 is that a good deal & has anyone had an issue with putting going with 260 over the 240?
thats a good price,,, and the 260 will fit fine. use dynabeads,,,,, i hate the wheel weights hanging off the rim

·
Registered
223 Posts
You said a "set"...you mean including the front tire? If so, thats a damn good price. I purchased the 260 mets, put about 7k on it...ran over a piece of glass and it went straight to the core. It still looks new though!!! I ended up going with an Avon cobra for the front...its not too bad...was reading reviews of people going 15k miles on it...figured it'd be better than the dunlop it came with...only lasted me 5.5k ..GARBAGE tire.

·
garrett
39 Posts
hello
I put the 250 Avon Cobra and a cobra on the front , I got 12350 mi on the rear and drive pretty heavy and the front still has 5/32 tread left.
Love the Avon's.

·
Kidzap
1,064 Posts
Finally got the rims back from powder coating and got it all put back together. It seems really sluggish now with turning. Is this just because the tires are new? I did put dyna beads in wheels also. Even just weaving back and forth in my lane is a bit of a chore now. Any ideas?
Those are metz right? Set the air pressure to the max cold pressure stated on the tire. 42lbs for the front and if that's a 240, 52 lbs for the rear. You'll get the maximum performance and wear from those tire pressure settings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts