Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got my new Pirelli Night Dragons put on a set of wheels and will be mounting them on my bike this weekend or start tomorrow who knows. Love the tread pattern I have heard good things about these tire we shall see. Will try to post pics when installing and on.:moped:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I've been running them for several thousand miles, and have nothing but good to say about them. Awesome in the wet, dry, hot, and cold weather. You'll be quite pleased

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I hope so. Mounting the front wont be hard but I hear the rear wheel can be quite how shall I say....fun by yourself.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
the rear wheel isn't that bad. With the bike on the lift, I used a 2x4 and a scrap piece as a fulcrum, then stepped on the 2x4 to raise and lower the wheel to where it needed to be to get the axel back in

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Thanks I hope so. Mounting the front wont be hard but I hear the rear wheel can be quite how shall I say....fun by yourself.
Bro, you live right near me, I mount and balance for $36 per tire... I use dyna beads for balancing... Bring your scoot in and it'll be out the door in an hour... You can sit and have a pop or coffee while your tires are being mounted and balanced... :)...

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Very resonable, T. Particularly with the Dynabeads! NoMar?

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
No, I have a nice tire machine albeit it is made in China but I gotta tell you, the thing has worked flawlessly since I bought it... It was half the cost of the two big outfits out there that make them... I bought that P.O.S. Nomar crap, it's out in the dump...

I laugh when people tell me what other shops and the local dealer charges for mounting and balancing... Flatrate is .6 to .8 hrs depending on the model... I look at it this way, I charge $25 for the mounting of the tire, $6 for the dyna beads... Yeah, I could charge what the others do but then, I get repeat business for other stuff because of this :)...

I've been in this line of business for a long time and I learned a long time ago that there are guys who spend $1 on the frontend that costs them $2 on the backend... If a tech worth his salt can't mount and balance a tire in a half hour, he or she ain't got no business wrenching on scoots... I just don't understand some people, charge as much as $120 to mount and balance a frigg'en tire!!! The machine does all the work :)... I can pop off a tire and remount the new tire in less than two minutes and with the dyna beads, it's balanced at the same time, ready to rock and roll down the road...

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
I can pop off a tire and remount the new tire in less than two minutes and with the dyna beads, it's balanced at the same time, ready to rock and roll down the road...
Kinda reminds me of a song "I'm A Woman":

I can wash out forty-four pairs of socks
And have them hangin out on the line
I can starch and iron two dozen shirts
Before you can count from one to nine
I can scoop up a great big dipper
Full of lard from the drippin's can
Throw it in the skillet, go out and do my
Shopping and be back before it melts in the pan
'Cause I'm a woman
Double U O M A N
I'll say it again

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Kinda reminds me of a song "I'm A Woman":

I can wash out forty-four pairs of socks
And have them hangin out on the line
I can starch and iron two dozen shirts
Before you can count from one to nine
I can scoop up a great big dipper
Full of lard from the drippin's can
Throw it in the skillet, go out and do my
Shopping and be back before it melts in the pan
'Cause I'm a woman
Double U O M A N
I'll say it again
ahahahahahaha yup, I didn't look at it that way but your right :)

·
olderone
59 Posts
My dealer, Doug's H-D of Florence, SC mounted my rear tire for $14.00. Granted I removed the wheel my self and carried it in. Total time about 20 minutes including paying the bill. It was good customer service!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here are the wheels with the Pirelli Night Dragons I like the handling much more grab than stock Dunlops.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wheel's look good! That is one MASSIVE backrest!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts