Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the new TABs today. Really straightforward and simple. They sound great. Gonna take her for a spin as soon as I am done here. The wife says, "they sound loud". No says I, they are just rumbly...:D

They are baffled and have a deep rumble at idle. Oh, and an interesting little sidelight. The stock cans off my 2009 Nightrod Special weigh 16.6 pounds total combined. The TAB's combined weight is 9 pounds.

I am taking the bike to Yakima tomorrow (it is the nearest Harley shop) to have the SE Super Tuner installed and tuned. Getting her on the dyno too. More info when I get back. :)

Phatass

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is it the picture or are they a different color than the rest of the pipe?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the picture or are they a different color than the rest of the pipe?

Yeah, they are a little darker shade of black. But they sound bitchin'. I'll give it some time and if it stays that pronounced, I may get the whole exhaust powder coated with the black heat resistant powder coat stuff.

Phatass

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah the tabs def sounds awesome! Anybody looking for some slipons cheap?? :D lol

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
WOW! I just looked at the price of these exhaust turn downs. WOW is all I can say for the price they charge for 2 tips that can be bought at an auto parts store for $18 each,WOW!

·
Registered
197 Posts
WOW! I just looked at the price of these exhaust turn downs. WOW is all I can say for the price they charge for 2 tips that can be bought at an auto parts store for $18 each,WOW!
Well Its a little bit more in depth that that! LOL Especially the baffled ones. I mean your going from ~2"? straight to ~3.5"? and then a quality chrome job or powdercoat and optional baffles so its not quite as simple as autozone exhaust tips lol but I definitely get your point :chainsaw: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts