Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I put my new sweptback Flanders 1" bars on my B Vrod tonight.
They have a 11" pullback vs 8" stock bars so for us short guys, 5'7" they work great! All I did is loosen the clamps and slide off the controls on each side. For the guys who have trouble taking off the stock left handgrip without tearing it up, here's how I did it. I took a pair of waterpump pliers- channel locks and wrapped each side of the jaws with electrical tape. Then I grabbed the grip right at the end and gently rocked the pliers on the suface it contacted. I slowly worked the pliers jaws 360 degrees around the grip, loosening up the 1st 1/4inch. Then I shifted the pliers a 1/4 inch in and repeated the process until I got to the inside extreme edge. Wala, grip came off intact!See pictures of the bars at
http://www.v-rodforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=746

:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :moped:

Attachments

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Wow thats some massive pullback.
My dad is short and when he rides my rod (drag bars) the bike looks massive.....when i jump back on it , it looks small..lol
then again i can't hardly ride his bike because it feels like the bars are in my chest. but it's perfect for him.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Looking good!how much slack do you have in the throttle cables and the clutch line?They look a little tight from the pic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just enought!

After the photo I wire tied the cables to the bar, looks better. The bars don't have the holes in the bottom for the Harley wire clips.I'll probably drill some. Fred :ride:

vrodvinny said:
Looking good!how much slack do you have in the throttle cables and the clutch line?They look a little tight from the pic.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
fredfryguy said:
After the photo I wire tied the cables to the bar, looks better. The bars don't have the holes in the bottom for the Harley wire clips.I'll probably drill some. Fred :ride:
if you are going to drill holes, might as well run the wires (not the cables) thru the bars aswell. :kaz:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
all those nice Toys and you garage looks like that! :spank: ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hurt!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :angeldev: :diablo: :lick: After I cleaned the garage, too!

c4550 said:
That garage is clean compared to mine. I am insulted! :mrgr:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
If thats Clean I'm a little Shocked!I guess you don't wax"Top Coat" and Mop your garage floor weekly? :stilpoke: I also installed digital cable"with sourround sound" ,sink,microwave,refregrator/freezor ,Floresoant lighting,and a pretty trick Survalance/Alarm system.I used to love to just spend Hours working on my Race Car so I made my Garages as comfortable"except for heat" as the inside of my house. :diablo: I'm getting a new heater and if I have to I go inside for Bathroom Breaks. I hope someday to have a Big Work Shop,and Storage 4-6 car Garage to really get serious but this is cool for now. :cool:

P.S This is :eek:fftopic: Sorry! :ride:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts